I started sharing our family travels and hope you have been enjoying them. I love when the bloggers I follow share their travels. I thought you might enjoy ours as well, if you don’t really care, click the back button, hurry! ;). Here are the links to our 2015 and 2016 travels.
If you are deciding whether you should go on a cruise, let me tell, cruising is not for everyone. This is our second time going as a family (my hubby and I went just the two of us once, so it’s the third time for us). We invited some family/friends to go with us on this trip. There were 3 other families that went – and they all disliked it! I feel terrible. We absolutely LOVE, LOVE cruising. It really depends on what you want out of a vacation I guess. If you are looking to lay on the beach all day and do nothing, then cruising is not for you. However, if you like adventure and see different things, go to shows and plays, and always on the go then you must try cruising.
This year we took a 7-night Western Caribbean Cruise with Royal Caribbean on the Oasis of the Seas Ship. We departed from Port Canaveral, FL and stopped at Labadee, Haiti, Falmouth, Jamaica and Cozumel, Mexico. The entertainment was amazing. There were shows on ice and water, different sports competitions, movies on big screen. Most of all food, tons and tons of food.
Tips for a great cruise-
- Towels are provided you don’t need them.
- Loved having this waterproof pouch bag for my phone. I kept all of our kids’ passes in there and my phone protected.
- Usually, when stopping at an island, you have to take transportation to a beach. (In Jamaica, the beach was horrible and it cost so much to get us there, will never do it again.)
- Bring sand toys for kids to play on the days you dock if you plan on getting off of the ship.
- There are stores on the ship for basic necessities but the items are really overpriced, so be sure to everything from home.
- There is no Wi-Fi on the ship and it’s rather expensive to connect so get all of your work done before you get on and enjoy some time with your family away from your phone. It’ll still be there when you get off.
- When getting off of the ship and onto the ship, don’t go at the time you dock and depart – it’s so busy. So if you dock at 8:00 a.m., don’t get off at 8, lines are packed – get off at 9. And if you are supposed to be back on at 6:00 p.m., come like 5.
- You can order as MUCH food as your like at dinner. If you don’t like what you got, try something different. I loved sampling the different starters, those were always my favorite. So, I would get two different types for me and my husband and we sampled them together.
- Free motion sickness pills are available at Customer Service.
- Though the shows are free, make reservations in advance for them.
- You can pack as much as needed.
- Middle of the boat is the best place to be to not feel motion sickness.
- Towel clips are amazing to keep your towels in place and other things you don’t want flying away.
- Jumbo Ziploc bags are life savers. I love them when traveling. Helps keep me organized. Also LOVE them for everyday things. They’re huge and help keep organized.
- Lanyards are nice to hook the passes onto for the older kids that want to keep their passes and not lose them.
- ChapStick is a must. You are constantly on water, keeps you safe from the wind and sun. I particularly love this one HERE.
- Extra batteries in case you need it.
- Pack over the counter cold medication. It’s SUPER expensive to go to the doctor’s station on the ship.
- If you aren’t going to buy the drink package (we never do), be sure to bring some bottles to refill for water. It’s REALLY expensive to purchase on the ship and land.
- Bring something to tape to the outside of your door so your room stands out in the hall and is easier to find. Kids’ artwork is super cute!
I had a ton more pictures from our ship but my phone broke and I was not able to recover them. Such a bummer!
After we got off of the ship, we stayed in Florida for another 4 days. The first day we went to Vero Beach with the kids and they enjoyed a day of swimming and in the evening it was so nice to have dinner on land.
Then we drove Kissimmee (right outside of Orlando). It was the perfect area to stay. It was right outskirts of Orlando, and the rates were affordable. One day we went out on the town, did some shopping in the Outlets, had a nice dinner and a lazy evening. The next day we took the kids to Aquatica in Orlando. They had so much fun. It was in the upper 70’s and a bit chilly for a day at the pool but there was literally no one there. The lines for the rides were empty so they had a blast.
Last day we started driving home. We met up with my sister and niece for lunch and they took some pictures of us. Enjoy these photos. Then we drove halfway home. Stay the night and continued driving. Thank you, Jesus, for keeping us safe!
As much as I love vacation – there’s no place like home!!
I love December for the wonderful giveaways we are able to do. I am so blessed to be blogging part-time now, next year will be my first year I blog on a part-time basis, I’m super excited. It’s a dream job for me and I so appreciate every single one of you for helping us grow. We have grown so much this year! We could not have done it without you!
As a way of showing our THANK YOU, I would like to do a giveaway for 1 WINNER. The winner will receive a 6 Qt INSTANT POT. I have been so excited to try using an Instant Pot. Just received mine in the mail and thought it would be a great giveaway gift. The giveaway will go through December 16th at 6:00 p.m. A random winner will be drawn and notified. You will have 24 hours to respond with an address for delivery of your prize. (This giveaway is NOT sponsored.)
To enter the giveaway, all you have to do is FILL out the RAFFLECOPTER and comment below and answer one of the following:
- What’s on your 2018 New Year’s resolution? Goals for 2018?
- What would you enjoy seeing most of on our blog? If personal posts – what topic? If recipes – what kind? Any other ideas?
- How have you been a blessing to someone this year? Or how has someone been a blessing to you? What can you do to touch the lives of the people surrounding you in the upcoming year?
- What’s one thing that happened to you this year that you really saw God’s hand through it all?
LOVE hearing all of your comments!!
TATYANA, YOU ARE THE RANDOM WINNER! PLEASE RESPOND TO YOUR E-MAIL.
Thank you for being our ONLINE FAMILY,
P.S. I often get e-mails asking for our address for Christmas cards. Here’s our address. We’d love to see pictures of your beautiful families!! <3
P.O. Box 29
Middlebranch, OH 44652