Tender and flakey Air Fryer Salmon recipe that is ready in under 15 minutes! Juicy and flavorful salmon fillets seasoned and cooked to perfection.
The air fryer is by far one of the greatest inventions for small appliances! The food is cooked at a fraction of the time and tastes as if it was deep-fried.
For someone like me who loves fried food but wants a healthier option, an air fryer is seriously gold. It takes classic recipes, like wings, and gives it so much flavor.
AIR FRYER SALMON-
This air fryer salmon recipe is my new favorite air fryer recipe! You can have this tender, flakey and flavorful salmon recipe ready in just 15 minutes (that’s with prep time). Using the air fryer gives the salmon such a crispy exterior, as if it’s air fried and keeps the insides juicy and flakey.
HOW TO COOK SALMON IN THE AIR FRYER?
- Prep basket– Spray the basket with cooking oil, or line it with the air fryer parchment paper. This makes cleaning up so much easier.
- Coat salmon– Drizzle the oil all over the fillets.
- Make seasoning– In a small bowl, combine the spices for the seasoning.
- Season fillets– Season both sides of the salmon fillets.
- Cook– Add the fillets to the air fryer basket and cook at 400°F until the center reads 145°F. Cooking time will be between 8-10 minutes.
Tips for Air Fryer Salmon-
The bake time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillet and your air fryer.
Bake the salmon at 400°F for 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on the salmon towards the end cooking. You don’t want it to overbake the fish and it becomes rubbery.
I personally do not like to cook with frozen seafood. However, you can double the cooking time if your fillet is frozen.
Cook the salmon with the skin on the same way. For crispy skin, add an extra minute of cooking.
Cooking the salmon in an air fryer is much healthier than if you would pan-sear or fry the salmon. The air fryer method cuts down on the harmful effects significantly.
Serve salmon with-
Salmon is a versatile fish and can easily be combined with your favorite side dish:
Other Salmon Recipes:
Salmon may be prepared using so many different methods. If you love salmon, here are some recipes to try:
- Baked Salmon– with avocado salsa
- Salmon with Shrimp– baked
- Crab Stuffed Salmon– with cheese
- Salmon canapes– mini appetizers
- Ranch Salmon– loaded with cheese
- Salmon Dip– perfect for parties
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb salmon fillets
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp italian seasoning
- Prepare the air fryer basket by spraying wih baking spray or line with a parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the spices for the seasonings.
- Drizzle the salmon fillets with oil and season all sides of the salmon.
- Add the prepared salmon fillets into the air fryer basket and bake for 400°F for 8-10 minutes.