This Avocado Chicken Flatbread Pizza is the ultimate recipe when craving thin crust pizza using homemade dough. Thin and crispy flatbread crust topped with cheeses, chicken, bacon, avocado and drizzled with Ranch.
I just love this homemade flatbread pizza recipe! Thin homemade flatbread crust topped with mixed cheeses, bacon, juicy chicken, avocado, and drizzled with Ranch. The crust is thin, crispy and crunchy and has fewer calories than classic pizza dough, WINNER!
You can add different toppings or sauce to the flatbread if you’d like, there’s no limit to the different variations of flatbread you can create. Serve flatbread with my favorite BBQ Chicken Salad!
what’s the difference between pizza dough and flatbread dough?
Flatbread dough is made with similar ingredients as regular pizza dough of water, flour, yeast, oil and salt. The only difference is between the two is that the flatbread dough is rolled out thicker and is crispier than pizza crust.
how to make flatbread pizza dough-
Making homemade flatbread dough at home is so easy! Once baked, the crust is thin, crispy and so good!
- In a bowl, add the warm water.
- Add the sugar, oil, yeast and salt. Mix to combine. Cover and allow yeast to activate about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and mix until well combined.
- Allow dough to rise until doubled in size.
what toppings can I add to flatbread pizza?
You can use your favorite toppings for flatbread pizza. Once you make this dough you will want to experiment with so many different combinations. We skipped the sauce completely and used cheeses as a base. In this recipe we use:
- PROTEIN: chicken breast and bacon
- TOPPINGS: tomatoes, Ranch, cilantro and avocado
- SAUCE: mixed cheeses
what kind of cheese should I use?
You can use a combination of your favorite cheeses. Mozzarella, Colby Jack, Swiss, Mexican or four cheese will all work.
can flatbread dough be frozen?
- UNCOOKED: Yes, the dough can be frozen uncooked once it rises. Place in container bag or Ziploc bag and dust with flour to keep from sticking. Will stay fresh up to 3 months. Thaw completely before using, best if thawed in refrigerator overnight.
- COOKED: This dough can also be frozen once you bake it the first time around. Allow crust to cool and freeze in a freezer bag, thaw and continue with recipe.
how to reheat flatbread pizza-
To reheat flatbread, place in oven or toaster oven at 350°F for a couple of minutes, until reheated.
Can I grill flatbread?
Yes, this flatbread would make for wonderful crust if grilled. Bake initial dough without toppings in the oven. Then once all the toppings are added, grill the flatbread lined with foil so the crust doesn’t burn, allowing the cheese to melt.
You’ll love these EASY recipes:
- Low Carb Keto Pizza Crust– with only 4 ingredients!
- Chicken Quesadillas– so simple, ready in 10 minutes.
- Avocado Tuna Sandwich– the avocado is so good with the tuna.
- Philly Cheese Steak Sliders– always a hit at parties.
This flatbread pizza recipe will surely become a favorite! You just cannot beat the combination of chicken with avocado and Ranch. A keeper recipe for sure. 🙂
Don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments below if you make the recipe.
Avocado Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- 1/3 cup warm water
- ½ tsp table salt
- 1 tsp oil (canola or olive oil)
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
flatbread pizza topping:
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp mozarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp Colby Jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 3 strips bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1/3 cup tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- Ranch, drizzle to taste
- 1 chicken breast
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, sauteing
- Place the warm water, oil, salt, sugar and yeast in a bowl. Whisk to combine and allow yeast to activate.
- Add the flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Cover the dough and allow to rise for one hour.
- Roll out the dough to about 8"x13” in size. Place dough in a baking pan on parchment paper. (Roll out dough even thinner, if desired.)
- With a fork, poke holes in the dough and bake at 375°F for 12 minutes.
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter and mix with garlic powder. Brush over flatbread.
- Beat chicken breast until even in thickness. Combine ingredients for the seasoning. Season both sides.
- On high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet. Sear chicken 2 minutes on both sides. Turn heat down to low, close lid of the skillet and cook another 5-6 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Once cool, cube chicken breast into small bite-sized pieces.
- Chop and cook bacon.
- Cube tomatoes.
- In a bowl, combine all cheeses. When flatbread is cooked, top flatbread with cheese.
- Add cooked bacon, chicken, and tomatoes.
- Cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Top with avocado. Drizzle with Ranch before serving.
This flatbread pizza was inspired by BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouses’ California Club Flatbread.