The BEST Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe is packed with so much flavor! Cream cheese combined with bacon, shredded cheese, and Ranch, SO GOOD!
BACON RANCH CHEESE BALL-
Have this flavor-packed cheese ball ready in under 15 minutes! Cream cheese combined with cooked bacon, green onion, chopped nuts, poppy seeds, shredded cheese, and Ranch powder. We love making this bacon ranch cheese ball recipe for game nights, family gatherings, or just to snack on all for the kids.
Ingredients for Cheese Ball-
With just a few ingredients you can have this Easy Cheese Ball Recipe ready in no time!
- Cream Cheese– You want to use regular or low fat cream cheese that is at room temp.
- Sour Cream– Sour cream for creamier dip.
- Shredded Cheese– We use shredded Mexican cheese and cheddar cheese, you can use your favorite cheese(s).
- Bacon– Cooked and chopped bacon is needed, we used our air fryer bacon for the best cooked bacon.
- Green Onion– Freshly chopped green onion adds a hint or vegetable.
- Walnut– Finely chopped walnuts.
- Poppy seeds– We like adding poppy seeds for the appeal, but you can totally leave the seeds out!
- Seasoning– For the seasoning you want to use garlic powder, Ranch powder and black pepper. The garlic and Ranch powder is what brings this cheeseball together!
How to Make Cheeseball Recipe-
Have this SIMPLE cheese ball ready to go in just under 15 minutes!
- Combine– In a mixing bowl, combine all of the cheese ingredients until well incorporated: cream cheese and sour cream, bacon bits, shredded cheese, green onion, walnuts, poppy seeds, and seasonings. Note– Don’t forget to set aside the needed ingredients for the coating.
- Form– Shape cheese ball and coat generously with the topping mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve.
|Chef’s Tip– You can shape cheese balls into any shape you like! Go outside the box and make it sports-shaped, a heart, or a candy cake – be creative!
The classic way to serve this easy cheese ball is with crackers of choice, but there are also several other ways to enjoy this recipe. Serve with:
- Pita Chips
- Bagel Crisps
- Ritz Crackers
- Other crackers of choice
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes, you can use chopped pecans or a mixture of walnuts and pecans.
We do NOT recommend freezing this cheese ball.
Store in an airtight container or wrapped to avoid the cheese ball from drying out in the fridge.
If stored correctly, this cream cheese ball can last up to 5 days in the fridge.
Yes! Make this cheese ball and store in the fridge for up to 3 days in advance and just allow to sit at room temp before serving to soften for easier spreading.
Other Appetizers to Try-
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe
Cheese Ball Coating-
- 2 oz bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp poppy seeds
- In a bowl, combine the bacon, sour cream, cream cheese, shredded cheese, green onions, walnuts, Ranch, garlic, pepper, and poppyseeds.
- With a wooden spatula, mix all ingredients until well combined and shape into a ball.
- Combine all the ingredients for the cheese ball coating; bacon, shredded cheese, green onion, walnuts, and poppy seeds. Spread this mixture onto a cutting board or in a flat plate.
- Fully coat and shape into an even ball as it's coated. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
NOTE: Recipe developed by Valentina’s Corner and first published on Natasha’s Kitchen.