What better way to start your day than a hearty breakfast? This Bacon Spinach Omelette Recipe is the perfect breakfast recipe.
This omelette is really easy to make and you’re going to feel like you were at a 5-star restaurant. Bacon combined with spinach, tomatoes, and cheese makes a wonderful omelet.
This to your Breakfast Board HERE!
Omelettes (may also be spelled omelet) are wonderful for breakfast. You can change up the ingredients inside and it’s satisfying, filling and starts your day right. I personally love the combination of spinach with crispy bacon pieces and eggs with your favorite cheese. The bacon as protein keeps you filled and the spinach with tomato adds flavor.
What kind of cheese can I use?
You can use your favorite cheese. Colby Jack, Mozzarella, Four Cheese or Mexican will all work great, or whatever else you have on hand.
If you like feta cheese, add to the
Can the meat be substituted?
Yes, you can substitute the bacon for ham or sausage or leave it out completely.
Can the vegetables be substituted?
You can add sauteed mushrooms, zucchini, peppers. If you like avocado, add cubed avocado before serving.
How to make an omelette-
- Cook bacon pieces.
- Chop spinach and slice the tomatoes.
- Whisk egg mixture and add to a pan.
- Cook omelette, add remaining ingredients.
TIP: For the perfect finished egg, once you add the ingredients to the omelette, place the pan into the oven for 1-2 minutes on broil until tops of eggs finish cooking.
You can skip this step and close the lid of the pan once you add ingredients and turn the heat to low, allowing the eggs to finish cooking. Then just fold over the omelette.
GETTING TO KNOW YOU: What’s your favorite combination for an omelette?
Try these other great breakfast recipes:
- Sweet Potato & Egg One-Skillet Breakfast– Sweet potato, egg, spinach, and tomato!
- Breakfast Casserole Recipe– Biscuits and gravy in a casserole.
- Eggs with Vegetable In Skillet– Eggs with ham, peppers, spinach, and mushrooms.
Bacon Spinach Omelette Recipe
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp half/half or milk
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cut and cooked
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to broil (450°F).
- Cut bacon into small slices and cook the bacon until desired crispiness. Remove bacon from pan, leaving the grease in the pan.
- Slice tomatoes in half or quarter. Chop spinach.
- In a bowl beat eggs. Add half and half, salt and pepper to taste and beat again.
- Reheat the grease in the pan, once hot, pour the egg mixture.
- Cook on medium/high heat for about 1-2 minute or until the bottom of eggs are cooked.
- Add the spinach, tomatoes, bacon and cheese.
- Place into the oven. Let cook for about 1-2 minutes or until eggs finish cooking on top. (Be careful with the handle on the pan when removing, it will be hot.)
- Remove from oven, close sides over. Top with any remaining ingredient, if desired. (If adding cheese to the top of the omelet, return pan to oven until cheese melts on top.)