A delicious Breakfast Bagel Sandwich that is stacked with eggs, cheese, bacon, and ham! This hearty sandwich is the perfect way to start the day and keep you satisfied until lunchtime.
This sandwich and our salmon bagel have to be my favorite ways to enjoy a loaded bagel.
BREAKFAST BAGEL SANDWICH-
This delicious sandwich is so easy to make and makes for such a filling and hearty breakfast! Scrambled eggs, bacon, ham with melted cheese sandwiched in between toasted bagels, SO GOOD!
Try this recipe with our Homemade Bagels recipe for the ultimate sandwich!
- Bagel– You can use your favorite bagel flavor. We love using everything bagels, asiago bagels, onion bagels, whole wheat bagels, and sesame bagels for the sandwich. You can make Homemade Bagels as well.
- Eggs– We use scrambled eggs but you can also just a fried egg cooked to your preferred doneness.
- Cheese– Any of your favorite cheese will work for this recipe. We like to use Colby jack, mozzarella, swiss, American cheese, and even pepper jack cheese.
- Bacon– We use our Air Fryer Bacon for the bacon.
- Ham– A slice of ham, whether leftover Baked Ham or ham from the deli will work.
HOW TO MAKE EGG BAGEL SANDWICH-
Have this delicious breakfast sandwich ready in no time!
- Whisk eggs– Whisk the eggs and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook eggs– In a skillet, heat with butter. Cook eggs and add cheese, close lid, and cook until cheese melts.
- Meat– Cook the bacon, we use the air fryer method. Heat a slice of ham on the stovetop until crispy and warm.
- Assemble- Toast the bagels and spread with desired condiments, such as spicy mayo then add the cooked egg, bacon, and ham and close the sandwich.
- Enjoy friends!
There are so many different ways to enjoy this sandwich! Here are some of our favorite ways to level up this recipe.
- Eggs– You can use either scrambled eggs, fried eggs, or even baked eggs. Check out our Breakfast Sandwich for the baked eggs method.
- Meat- Change the meat options and use double bacon, sausage patties, and cooked turkey, or keep it meat-free and leave out all the meat.
- Spicy– Add sriracha or hot sauce to the sandwich for a spicy kick in your sandwich.
Though you can serve the sandwich with just the classic eggs, cheese, and meat you can also add other toppings for a heartier breakfast. Here are some ideas:
- Avocado slices or guacamole
- Tomato, sliced
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Sauteed onion
- Spinach or arugula
- Spicy Mayo Sauce
- Cream Cheese
- Red Onion
- Sun-dried tomato
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
This recipe makes 2 bagel sandwiches. You can double the recipe or however many you want to make. We often will make like 12 at a time and freeze the sandwiches for busy mornings!
Yes, you can substitute the bagel for an English muffin!
Yes! Prepare this sandwich by adding toppings and wrap in plastic wrap and then in foil and add to a freezer-safe plastic bag and freeze for up to 2-3 months. Make sure everything is cooled before assembling the sandwich to freeze.
Reheat the frozen sandwich by thawing overnight in the fridge and then reheat in the microwave, toaster oven, or oven.
Yes, you can make a whole bunch and freeze it!
Serve this at your next brunch party, sandwich board style!
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES-
Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. Here are some of our favorite breakfast recipes:
- Cinnamon Toast Sticks
- Shredded Hash Browns
- Bacon Mushroom Omelet
- Baked Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Croissant Sandwich
- Sausage Breakfast Sliders
Breakfast Bagel Sandwich
- 2 everything whole bagels
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 slices colby jack cheese
- 3 slices of bacon (cooked & halved)
- 2 slices ham
- desired toppings
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat with butter. Cook eggs and add cheese, close lid, and cook until cheese melts.
- Cook the bacon, we use the air fryer method. Heat a slice of ham on the stovetop until crispy and warm.
- Toast the bagels and spread with desired condiments then add the cooked egg, bacon, and ham and close the sandwich.
- Enjoy friends!