This Baked Tender Chicken Thighs Recipe is going to become a hit! Tender and melt in your mouth juicy chicken thighs with an easy seasoning is filled with so much flavor. Serve thighs with a side of mashed potatoes and salad.
This recipe with our Easy Baked Chicken is our go-to meal for busy evenings.
chicken thighs recipe-
There are so many different methods for cooking chicken thighs. This recipe for baked chicken is going to become a favorite. The prep time is minimal and the ingredients for the thighs are already most likely in your pantry. The marinade for the thighs penetrates deep into the chicken and it becomes so juicy and flavorful.
The garlic olive oil with quick seasoning does wonders to the chicken thighs!
TIPS how to make baked tender chicken thighs:
- Trim and remove any excess fat from chicken thighs.
- For best result, season the chicken thighs, cover tightly, and refrigerate for at least two hours (up to overnight). The seasoning penetrates deep into the chicken and becomes flavorful.
- If you don’t have two hours, baking the chicken immediately is fine as well, just won’t be as flavorful.
- If you like to prep dinner in the morning, this is a great recipe. Season the chicken, cover tightly and keep stored in the refrigerator. When you come home from a long day of work, all you have to do is bake the chicken. So easy.
- Leftovers are wonderful to use in different recipes that require cooked chicken (like the Chicken Quesadilla recipe).
- To reheat, cover with foil and bake until warm.
what can I serve with baked chicken thighs?
You can serve baked chicken thighs with mashed potatoes, pasta, fried or baked rice, or even buckwheat. A salad, would of course compliment the dinner with some homemade bread (like this amazing bread machine bread).
can I substitute the thighs?
- CHICKEN BREAST- You may substitute the chicken thighs for chicken breast. However, the flavor and texture will slightly change because chicken thighs have a stronger flavor, higher fat content and softer texture once baked than chicken breast. Depending on the size of the breast, the baking time will vary and most likely be less than the indicated time in this recipe. Use a food thermometer to cook breasts until the thickest part registers at 165°F.
- BONE-IN THIGHS- You most definitely may substitute for bone-in chicken thighs. The bone keeps the thighs juicier and even adds flavor. Bake an additional 10 minutes before removing the foil and broiling until crispy.
I hope you LOVE this Baked Tender Chicken Thighs Recipe and it becomes a regular in your home.
Try these other CHICKEN recipes:
- Chicken Mushroom Pasta– in the creamiest sauce.
- Stuffed Shells– in homemade Alfredo sauce.
- Chicken Shrimp Scampi– the perfect combination.
Baked Tender Chicken Thighs
- In a bowl, combine olive oil and minced garlic. Layout chicken thighs and coat with oil mixture (on both sides).
- Prepare the seasoning: In a bowl, combine the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika.
- Season boat sides of chicken with the seasoning. Transfer chicken thighs to a baking dish. Cover with foil. Set aside to marinate at least 2 hours (*or see note).
- Bake covered 45 minutes at 375°F. Remove foil and broil for 8-10 minutes (at same temp), until tops of thighs are crispy.
- Enjoy, friends.