BBQ Pulled Chicken Crockpot Recipe. Tender and juicy pull-apart chicken in a sweet and savory bbq sauce mixture, cooked in a slow cooker with a 5-minute prep time. These pulled chicken sandwiches are great for lazy family dinners, parties, potlucks or to bring to a picnic.
Pulled Chicken recipe-
This bbq pulled chicken meat may be made in the oven, slow cooker, or instant pot. I have to say the crockpot version is my favorite. I love that I can just throw everything into my slow cooker and allow the crockpot to do the remaining work – winner!. The aroma in the home is phenomenal as the meat is cooked in the bbq sauce filling the house with the fragrances of the sweet and tangy barbecue mixture.
How to make bbq pulled chicken-
This recipe for pulled chicken couldn’t get any easier. With the preparation of 5-minutes, these chicken sandwiches are a crowd pleaser, even the picky eaters will love the recipe.
- Add chicken meat to a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the onion, garlic, paprika, salt, brown sugar, chili powder, hot sauce, and barbecue sauce.
- Pour sweet and savory barbecue over the chicken.
- Then secure the lid and cook on low or high heat until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Pull apart chicken meat with two forks and mix well to combine with sauce.
- Prepare coleslaw, if desired.
- Make sandwiches and ENJOY!
|Serve the chicken sandwiches the traditional way: loaded onto a sandwich bun and topped with homemade crunchy coleslaw.|
What barbecue sauce should be used?
In this recipe, we use Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce but you can substitute it with your favorite bbq. If you use a different sauce, the results will be different.
Can I substitute chicken breast?
Yes, you can substitute the chicken breast for boneless chicken thighs. The thighs will be even juicier than the breast as it has a little more fat content. You can also use both chicken breast and chicken thighs together.
Can pulled chicken be reheated?
Yes, pulled chicken is great to reheat. Refrigerate leftover chicken in a container.
Then to reheat, just add the chicken to a skillet and cook on low heat until warm (add more barbecue if needed). You can also reheat the chicken in the oven until warm.
How to serve bbq pulled chicken?
- Traditional way on a bun.
- Add chicken to tortillas with cheese and make quesadillas.
- Use as a topping for a salad.
- Make tacos by adding other favorite toppings.
- Make lettuce wraps with them.
- Add to cooked pasta for a quick easy dinner.
I hope you love this recipe for pulled chicken sandwiches. Don’t forget to tag us on social media when you make this recipe, we love to see your creations.
Try these other Crock Pot Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetables– The best slow cooker roast beef recipe.
- Crockpot Chicken Fajitas– A great family dinner idea!
- The Best Slow Cooker Pot Roast– Pot roast recipe.
- Slow cooker Chicken Noodle Soup– The ultimate comfort food recipe.
BBQ Pulled Chicken Crock Pot Recipe
- Place chicken into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, chopped onion, paprika, salt, brown sugar, chili powder, hot sauce, and barbecue.
- Spread the barbecue mixture over the chicken.
- Cook chicken for 3-4 hours on high, or 6-7 hours on low.
- Once the chicken is cooked, with two forks pull apart the chicken into thin strands. Mix in with the barbecue.
- Combine all the ingredients for the coleslaw in a bowl.
- Add a generous portion of the pulled chicken onto a bun, top with coleslaw. Enjoy!