This Breakfast Casserole Recipe is the ultimate breakfast dish. It’s like biscuits and gravy, crescents and cheesy eggs all in one dish – absolutely delicious! This is the perfect dish for a filling breakfast over the weekend for your family or when you are having guests.
breakfast casserole recipe-
If you have been following our blog for a while, you know we love casseroles! There’s just something about throwing ingredients into a casserole dish and baking that makes casseroles so special and dear to my heart (and stomach, haha).
With five children and a husband (which is like a sixth kid, teasing, teasing ;), I just don’t always have time for time-consuming dinners – especially in the summertime. Grilling and casseroles are my go-to meals during the summer months when the kids are out of school and I want to spend as much time with them as possible. That is why I love this breakfast casserole so much, it still has the WOW effect and taste with minimal prep time. 🙂
tips how to make breakfast casserole recipe-
- Prepare homemade biscuits and gravy.
- Prepare egg mixture.
- A line casserole dish with parchment paper.
- In a 9″x13″ casserole dish, roll out crescent rolls, just as they come in the tube.
- Pour the biscuits and gray over the crescent crust, spread evenly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the biscuits and gravy.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over eggs.
- Cover and bake
NOTE: If you want a thicker crust, use 2 tubes of crescent rolls, just roll out one and then the second one over the first, lightly pressing them together. Then, continue with the recipe. Baking time will stay the same.
biscuits and gravy-
We love biscuits and gravy and they’re on our breakfast menu on a regular basis. So taking the concept of biscuits and gravy and adding a crescent crust, then, topping them with scrambled eggs and cheese is just a phenomenal combination for the perfect breakfast casserole dish.
When making biscuits and gravy. I use this recipe I am posting today for the sausage and gravy, I just add a little more mix for a thinner gravy. All you need is some fresh baked biscuits and breakfast is ready.
What is your favorite breakfast casserole or breakfast dish? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below.
Try these other BREAKFAST recipes:
- Zucchini Eggs Fritters– Perfect way to use zucchini.
- One Pan Breakfast Skillet– The breakfast I make most often.
- Avocado Egg Sandwich– The glaze is a winner.
Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 (8 oz tube) crescent rolls
- 16 oz Italian sausage
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 7 eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- In a large skillet, sauté the sausage until fully cooked, breaking into little pieces as you cook the sausage.
- Add butter. Once melted add in the flour and stir until well incorporated. Add the milk, stir.
- Turn heat down and allow to continue cooking until the gravy thickens. Remove from heat.
- Lay out the crescents into a 9x13 casserole dish. Pour the sausage gravy over the crescent layer.
- Whisk together eggs and 1 Tbsp milk with salt and pepper. Pour over the sausage gravy layer.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the egg mixture. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 425* for 25 minutes, remove foil and bake another 5 minutes.
- Enjoy, friends!