Recipe for Chicken Broccoli Bread Boats. French bread stuffed with chicken, broccoli florets, loaded with cheese and baked. Taking pizza to a whole new level.
If you like the combination of broccoli and chicken, try our Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast!
Chicken Broccoli Boats-
Using French bread as a base for pizza is such a great idea. You skip making the dough and the extra time necessary for rising. Just add your favorite toppings and bake.
This stuffed French bread is like having pizza but so much better! Cooked chicken with a combination of broccoli florets, tomatoes mixed with cheese and a creamy garlic Parmesan mayo. Once baked, the mixture is so flavorful and just perfect for an afternoon snack for kids or a lazy dinner for the family.
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Bread Boats-
- Cut broccoli into small florets, cube tomatoes and finely chop onion.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the filling
- Cut the top off the French bread and push the center of loaf down to create an opening. Slice loaf in half.
- Stuff the French bread with the chicken broccoli filling
- Bake until bread is toasted, the filling cooked and cheese melts.
what kind of cheese do I use?
You can use your favorite shredded cheese, or whatever you have on hand. Mexican, Four Cheese, Colby Jack or a mixture of Mild Chadder with Mozzarella will all work great.
OTHER EASY SIDE RECIPES:
- Broccoli and Chicken Puffs– Fluffy crescent puffs stuffed with cheesy broccoli and chicken.
- Spinach Artichoke Boats– It’s like Spinach artichoke as a meal!
- Chicken Spinach Artichoke Canapes– Perfect for parties!
I hope you loved these Stuffed French Bread Boats! Don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments if you try this recipe! 🙂
Stuffed French Bread with a Chicken Broccoli and Cheese Filling. Perfect as a side dish or a lazy dinner!
- 1 French bread loaf
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets, cut into small florets
- 1 (10 oz) canned chicken breast
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, cubed
- 1 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp hot sauce (Sriracha, Tabasco or Red Hot)
Preheat oven to 365°F.
Combine all of the ingredients for the filling.
Cut the top of the French bread off. Push down on the sides of the bread to create a larger opening.
Distribute the filling onto the bread.
Bake for 17-20 minutes, until bread reaches desired crispiness and top of filling becomes golden.
Cut into desired pieces and enjoy. Drizzle hot sauce for added spiciness, optional.
Drizzle with additional hot sauce for added spiciness.