An amazing homemade Carrot Cake recipe that is loaded with flavors! A sweet cream cheese frosting smothered in-between layers of moist carrot cake layers loaded with walnuts.
the best carrot cake recipe-
The flavors in this EASY carrot cake recipe combined with the sweet buttercream creates the BEST cake recipe. The key to this delicious cake is the added fresh pineapple, it brings natural sweetener!
can i sustitute the walnuts?
We love the additional chopped walnuts in this cake which brings a bit of a crunch in every bite! You can either add chopped walnuts or pecans for a crunch, or you can just omit nuts.
What goes into a Carrot Cake Recipe?
All recipes are different for carrot cake as are the ingredients for it. I love our version of carrot cake and you will too. You will need the following:
- CARROTS– The key ingredient is the freshly shredded carrots!
- COCONUT– We LOVE adding toasted coconut flakes to this cake for crunchy and more flavor.
- PINEAPPLE– This is the secret ingredient that gives the cake a natural sweetener.
- BASIC CAKE INGREDIENTS– You will also need the classic eggs, flour, vanilla, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and walnuts.
How to Make Carrot Cake-
- PREP: Toast the coconut flakes. Puree the fresh pineapple and grate the carrots.
- Line baking pans with parchment paper.
- CARROT CAKE BATTER: Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and sugar until fluffy. Add in the carrots, oil, vanilla, pineapple, and mix.
- Add in the dry ingredients and fold with a spatula. Gently mix in the chopped walnuts and coconut.
- Distribute the cake batter into three different baking pans and bake until golden.
- Cool cake layers on a cooling rack.
- FROSTING– In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and combine.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE– Add a layer to a cake stand and cover in cream and repeat with all layers and top with walnuts or decorate as desired.
How to decorate a cake?
I used a frosting spatula for decor. For the sides just made strokes going up. For the top, went around in circular motion and topped with crushed walnuts. Easy and gorgeous. Btw, I use the spatula for all my cakes. Makes spreading the frosting so much easier.
how to store carrot cake-
When you ice the carrot cake, then cover and store in the fridge. The cake can last in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you want to store the cake layers un-iced than you can store in a container or covered in a dry area for up to a week!
can i freeze carrot cake?
This EASY carrot cake also freezes GREAT un-iced. Cover in plastic wrap and then add to a container or freezer bag and freeze. It can last in the freezer for 2-3 months. Then just unthaw and make the icing and assemble the cake.