Quick and easy Chicken Canape Recipe made with shredded chicken, sauteed mushrooms, and cheese, then baked until crispy!
Once you try these delicious chicken canapes, you’ll want them on repeat. The chicken combined with the mushrooms in the mayo and cheesy mixture baked until the bread is toasted and mixture hot is an absolutely delicious combination.
- Bread– French bread or a baguette may be used, just slice into thin slices.
- Mushrooms– Any mushrooms will work in this recipe.
- Chicken– For these canapes, we used canned shredded chicken but you can also use Homemade Shredded Chicken.
- Cheese– Any shredded cheese you have on hand will work great: shredded Mexican cheese, colby jack, mild cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Mayo– We toss the mixture in mayo, this is what makes the filling so creamy and delicious.
- Dill– We love fresh dill in the mixture but you can either opt-out of the dill or use your favorite fresh herbs!
- Seasoning– We season the chicken mixture with salt and pepper for flavors, freshly minced garlic may also be added.
HOW TO MAKE CANAPES-
These canapes are so easy to make. wWith just 10 minutes of prep time, you can have these canapes ready to serve!
- Bread– Slice the baguette into thin ½-inch slices with a serrated knife.
- Mushrooms– Sauté the chopped mushrooms until browned and fully cooked.
- Combine Mixture– In a bowl, combine the sauteed mushrooms, shredded chicken, cheese, mayo, dill, and seasoning.
- Assemble– Add the mixture onto the bread slices, distributing evenly among all the bread.
- Bake– Bake the canapes until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy.
- Serve and Enjoy!
There are so many different ways that you can make these delicious sandwiches! Here are some of our favorite add-ins to chicken canapes:
- Chopped Bacon
- Diced tomatoes
- Hot sauce
- Leftover rotisserie chicken
- Deli meats
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Minced garlic
- Red pepper flakes
Yes, this is a wonderful recipe to prepare in advance. Prepare everything per instructions, cover and keep refrigerated for up to 2 days. Then, just bake before serving.
You can also prepare just the mixture and store it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Then, just spread onto bread and bake before serving.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
No, if you do not like mushrooms, you can just leave them out completely.
We do not recommend freezing these canapes.
Reheat these in the oven, toaster oven, or air fryer until reheated.
Yes! Prepare and add a couple to the air fryer basket and bake at 375°F, until cooked and the cheese melts.
OTHER APPETIZER RECIPES-
- Fried Shrimp Recipe
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Smoked Salmon Appetizers
- Caprese Bruschetta
- Rotel Dip Recipe
- Veggie Pizza Recipe
Chicken Canape Recipe
- Chop mushrooms and sautee over high heat with 2 tsp oil until golden, lightly salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the drained chicken, mushrooms, mayo and cheese.
- Slice the baguette into about 22-24 pieces. Top baguette slices with the chicken mixture and add to the baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 350°F for 12-15 minutes.