The BEST recipe for soft and moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread loaded with ripe bananas that add sweetness to the bread and gooey melted chocolate chips.
This recipe takes our classic banana bread recipe to a whole new level of DELICIOUS!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
best chocolate chip banana bread-
This truly is the most amazing recipe for classic banana bread with sour cream loaded with chocolate chips. The bread is so soft and moist and has chocolate in every bite. I love that this bread isn’t overly sweet like most banana bread recipes but definitely sweet enough. SO SO GOOD!
If you’ve never tried adding chocolate chips to bananas, this recipe will change your life, ha! Yes, it is that good.
how to make chocolate chip banana bread-
So, this banana bread is so wonderful to make and it’s super easy. It’s like a classic banana bread recipe but loaded with chocolate chip morsels, so AMAZINGLY delicious. The secret to moist and soft banana bread is definitely the addition of sour cream.
- BANANAS- Mash the bananas. TIP: You want the bananas to be mushy and ripe. They become sweeter and add more flavor to the bread.
- DRY INGREDIENTS- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, and cinnamon.
- WET INGREDIENTS- In a bowl, with a mixer, cream together the eggs and sugar. Add in the bananas, sour cream, oil and vanillas. Mix by hand (produces best results).
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS– Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently mix until flour is well incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and mix to combine (reserving some for the top).
NOTE: We don’t add too much sugar to the bread since there are chocolate chips, if you like really sweet bread, add a few more tablespoons of sugar to the mixture.
- BAKE- Transfer mixture to a bread pan. Add reserved morsels on top. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the bread.
- COOL- Once the bread is baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool a bit before removing from the bread pan.
TIP: Line your bread pan with parchment paper so it’s easier to remove the loaf once it’s baked.
[The baking time may slightly vary depending on the loaf pan you used and your oven. Be careful not to overbake the bread.]
what kind of chocolate should I use?
You can use your favorite chocolate chips in this banana bread. If you don’t have chocolate chips, you can even just finely chop up a bar of milk or dark chocolate.
can you freeze banana bread?
Yes, this banana bread freezes great. To FREEZE, wrap banana bread tightly with plastic freezer wrap and place in a freezer bag. You can even wrap individual slices and reheat slices at a time and not the whole loaf.
I love that this recipe uses ingredients you already most likely have in your pantry. Kids love helping make the banana bread, mashing the bananas and loading it with chocolate chips – it’s a great recipe to make together. 🙂
OTHER BANANA RECIPES:
- Banana Bread Muffins – banana bread in muffin form!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread – the best chocolate peanut butter bread!
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread – the unexpected zucchini is so good!
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Bread – white chocolate and raspberries, so good.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder, set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed, beat sugar and eggs until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- With a fork, mash the bananas. Add bananas, sour cream, oil, and vanilla to sugar/egg bowl. Mix by hand until combined.
- Add flour mixture and gently mix with a spatula to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chip morsels reserving some for the top of loaf.
- Pour batter into a bread pan. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 45-55 minutes.
- Remove bread from the oven, allow the bread to slightly cool about before removing from the pan.
- ENJOY, friends.