This easy Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken recipe is so simple to make and loaded with so many flavors. Chicken in the best cilantro lime marinade becomes so tender and juicy once cooked.
We enjoy grilling during the warmer weather and have a whole section dedicated to our favorite grilling recipes. From our easy salmon to the delicious vegetables or the classic pork chops, you can’t go wrong with grilled recipes.
CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN-
We love how simple and easy this recipe is to make! All you need to do is prepare the marinade, then marinate the chicken and grill. The flavors from the cilantro, lime, and honey make the chicken so juicy and tender and the kick of lime brings a hint of citrus.
This cilantro lime chicken is definitely a family favorite during grilling season.
HOW TO MAKE CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN-
With just a couple simple steps you can have this amazing grilled chicken ready to be served for dinner.
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade.
- Add the chicken into the marinade and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Grill the chicken 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through. When serving, drizzle lime juice and garnish with cilantro if desired.
CHEF’S TIP: Due to the amount of lime in the marinade, we do not recommend you marinate the chicken for more than 2 hours. The chicken will start to become bitter.
There are several different ways you can cook this cilantro lime chicken recipe. Our favorite way is the grilled method but you can use any method!
- GRILL: Preheat the oven to medium-high heat. Add the chicken onto the grates, cook about 6-8 minutes per side, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F on a thermometer.
- BAKE: Preheat the oven to 400°F and add the chicken onto a baking sheet and bake for 22-24 minutes, or until the chicken reaches the internal temperature of 165°F.
- SKILLET: In a large skillet or a cast iron, add oil and heat on medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast and sear for about 2-3 minutes on both sides. Turn the heat down to low and cover with the lid and allow it to cook through, for about 5-6 minutes.
|PRO TIP: The cooking time for the |
chicken will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken.
WHAT KIND OF CHICKEN CAN I USE?
You can use any kind of chicken you have on hand. We love using boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs. You can also use bone-in thighs but the cooking time will be longer.
You can serve the cilantro lime chicken with so many different options, here are some of our favorite combinations.
- Side dish: With a side of rice or creamy mashed potatoes.
- Pasta: Plain-cooked pasta or topped with Alfredo sauce.
- Salad: With a salad like or Caesar salad or the tomato cheese salad.
- Protein: Grilled shrimp or even fried shrimp.
- Tacos: Cut up the chicken as serve it like a taco with your favorite toppings.
- Bread: Breadsticks or a white bread loaf to complete the meal.
I hope this Cilantro Lime Chicken becomes a new family favorite to enjoy.
Try these other grilling recipes-
- Grilled Lime Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- Tender Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken
- Pork Kabobs
- Ground Beef Kabobs
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breast or thighs (4 small/medium chicken breasts)
cilantro lime marinade
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp cilantro finely, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 lime cut into wedges, for serving (optional)
- cilantro ,for garnish (optional)
- Combine the oil, lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, paprika and honey in a large bowl.
- With a meat mallet beat the chicken breast until even in thickness. Add the chicken into the marinade and allow it to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Grease grill grate and preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Once heated, place the chicken breast on the grill grates and cook 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and serve with freshly squeezed lime juice.
NOTE: Recipe developed by Valentina’s Corner, and first published on Natasha’s Kitchen.