An EASY Grilled Chicken Kabobs Recipe with the best marinade. The easy marinade gives the kabobs so much flavor and the chicken becomes so tender and juicy.
These chicken kabobs are great when accompanied with our grilled shrimp.
grilled chicken kabobs-
Whenever you think of grilling, summer comes to mind with warmer weather and the grill in use all the time, right? For me it does. These grilled chicken kabobs are our go-to recipe for grilling. The marinade is so amazing and acts as a tenderizer for the chicken resulting in the juiciest grilled kabobs.
- Marinade- You need the proper marinade for chicken kabobs. You don’t want them to be dry and bland once grilled. This marinade is just perfect. The combination of mayo with oil, fresh herbs, garlic, and seasoning is amazing with chicken giving it the right amount of flavor. You won’t even need a dipping sauce for serving.
how to make chicken kabobs-
Chicken kabobs are one of the easiest recipes for grilling. They are so forgiving, are quick to prepare and make for the perfect dinner, parties or to make for barbecues.
Prepare marinade: Prepare the marinade by combining the mayonnaise with oil, the chopped herbs, salt pepper, and seasonings.
Cut chicken and marinade: Cut the chicken into even 1” pieces, so they cook evenly. Add the chicken pieces to a bowl. Pour marinade over the chicken and mix to coat.
Grill the chicken: Grill the kabobs 12-14 minutes or until cooked through, turning as needed.
TIPS for grilling chicken kabobs-
- Be sure to cut the chicken in even pieces. If some pieces are slightly larger than others, keep the same sized pieces on skewers for even cooking.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes before grilling so they don’t burn.
- You can marinate the chicken for 30 minutes or up to one day in advance.
- If you’d like, vegetables may be added to the chicken.
- Be sure the grill is preheated before adding the chicken to the grill.
- Chicken breasts or thighs may be used in this recipe.
what temperature to grill the kabobs at?
You want to grill chicken over medium heat to get that perfect sear and juicy meat. You don’t want to overcook the meat, chicken just needs about 12-14 minutes of total cooking time. If you grill the chicken too long, the kabobs will be dry and unpleasant.
- Chef’s tip- Keep in mind all grills are different, keep on eye on the chicken so you don’t overcook the meat.
Serve the kabobs with mashed potatoes or an easy side salad. Once you give this recipe a try, it will become a favorite during the grilling season.
Other popular recipes for grilling season:
- Juicy Grilled Chicken Kebabs– Another great grilled chicken.
- Grilled Buffalo Ranch Chicken– Grilled chicken in a spicy ranch marinade.
- Tender Grilled Chicken Thighs– Soft and tender chicken thighs.
- Grilled Pork Kebabs– The best pork kebabs.
Grilled Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 3 lbs chicken breast
- Cut chicken into 1” pieces.
- Finely chop herbs. In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Toss to coat the chicken in the marinade. Cover dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces to the wooden skewers.
- Grill over medium heat, turning as needed until chicken is through.
- Enjoy friend.
This recipe was originally posted May, 2016 and updated July, 2020.