A Grilled Chicken Sandwich makes for the perfect lunch or dinner during grilling season. Tender and juicy marinated chicken breast grilled and enjoyed in-between two buns with your favorite toppings.
GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH-
This grilled chicken sandwich recipe is so good! The chicken is soft, tender and so juicy from the simple marinade. Add the chicken to a toasted bun with your choice of toppings for the perfect summertime dinner.
While the chicken is cooking, make some Air Fryer French Fries for a complete dinner.
- Marinated chicken – we use our classic Chicken Marinade Recipe for the perfect tender and juicy chicken breast.
- Buns – your favorite sandwich buns will work in this recipe.
- Lettuce – shredded lettuce or lettuce pieces will work, romaine will work just fine as well.
- Tomato – thinly sliced tomatoes add juiciness to the sandwich.
- Pickles – you cannot go wrong with adding pickles to the sandwich.
- Cheese – your favorite sliced cheese will work. We like using Colby jack, provolone, swiss, and pepper jack cheese – or just leave out cheese completely.
- Onion – sliced sweet onion or red onion will both work.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SANDWICH-
These chicken sandwiches come together so easily and quick! The whole family is going to love the recipe!
- Marinate chicken– Marinate the chicken according to THESE instructions.
- Cook chicken– Preheat the grill and clean the grill grids. Grill the chicken until cooked.
- Prep toppings– Meanwhile prepare all the toppings for the sandwich.
- Make sandwich– Create your sandwich with desired toppings and enjoy.
Serving Ideas– Serve this sandwich platter-style for lunch or your next summer party like we do in our Sandwich Platter.
Here are some more sandwich topping ideas:
- Fried Onion Strings
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Spicy Mayo
- Ranch Dressing
- Buffalo Sauce
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Chick-Fil-A Sauce
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes, we recommend pounding the thickest part of the chicken breast for even cooking.
We recommend marinating for at least 30 minutes but up to overnight, just keep covered and refrigerated.
Yes, you sure can. Just refer to our Air Fryer Chicken for cooking time.
Reheat over low heat on the grill, in the air fryer, oven, or over low heat in a skillet.
Yes, once cooled, freeze the chicken in a freezer bag, thaw and enjoy as needed.
MORE SANDWICH RECIPES-
- Italian Sub Sandwich
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
- Chicken Philly Cheese Steak
- Reuben Sandwich Recipe
- Club Sandwich Recipe
- Buttermilk Chicken Sandwich
Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 4 sandwich buns
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 4-6 tomato slices
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 pickle, sliced
- desired condiments (mayo, ketchup, mustard)
- Marinate and grill the chicken according to our chicken marinade recipe.
- Meanwhile prepare all the toppings for the sandwich.
- Create your sandwich with desired toppings and enjoy.