Homemade Pepperoni Rolls recipe. An easy homemade dough filled with cheese, pizza sauce, and pepperoni pieces. Topped with garlic butter. Great when served warm with marinara (pizza sauce) for dipping sauce.
PIN this recipe to your ENTREE board HERE!
Of all the recipes I have created, the dough for this recipe is one I am probably proudest of and excited to share with you. The dough is super easy to make and is so versatile. It’s baked piroshki dough recipe for my Slavic friends who are familiar with the Ukrainian cuisine. I will be posting a few other fillings for this dough. This homemade pepperoni pizza dough is fantastic and will become a favorite in your home, yup, yup, true story. You can make baked rolls (piroshki) filled with chicken and potatoes, mushrooms, braised meat and cabbage or even use the meat from our fried piroshki. We are going to start out with pepperoni rolls because everyone loves pizza (or at least all kids do). You can definitely add different ingredients to your liking like you would with pizza.
Follow us on Facebook, for short video recipe tutorials. 🙂
INGREDIENTS for HOMEMADE PIZZA ROLLS:
- Pasta sauce
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
TIPS FOR MAKING HOMEMADE PEPPERONI ROLLS:
- You want to use good quality flour for the dough, works the best. I use either Sapphire flour or Canadian flour when making this recipe.
- If you will be using regular all-purpose flour, start out with about 3 2/3 cups flour and just continue adding flour as needed. The dough shouldn’t stick to your hands.
- You can either shape them round like you would dinner rolls or long oval shaped.
- The butter topping is optional; you can just use an egg wash as a substitute.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
If you make these Homemade Pepperoni Rolls, please tag us in your creations #ValentinasCorner. We LOVE seeing your recipes :)!
- Ingredients for Homemade Pizza Rolls:
- 1/4 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 - 1 cup pasta sauce
- 6 - 8 oz pepperoni slices chopped
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Marinara for dipping
- In a bowl, whisk mayo, oil, salt, water and milk. Sprinkle yeast over top of mixture and sprinkle sugar over yeast, let sit 5 minutes to activate.
- Gradually add flour, mix until flour is well incorporated and combined. Cover with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel. Set dough aside to rise 1 ½ to 2 hours until the dough doubles, almost triples in size.
- Divide dough into two. Take one half and divide into two again. Then take that half and cut into 6 pieces if shaping into round dinner rolls. If shaping into larger rolls, divide into 5 pieces.
- Roll out each piece of dough. Add cheese, some pasta sauce and pepperoni. Close up dough and turn over. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Combine butter, Italian seasoning and garlic. Brush tops of rolls with the butter mixture.
- Set aside and let rise 30 – 45 minutes, until about doubled in size.
- Bake 18-22 minutes until tops of rolls are really golden brown.