Learn how to make the BEST homemade Iced Caramel Latte recipe at home for a fraction of the price! A sweet and creamy iced latte made with strong coffee, milk, and caramel flavoring, a simple and delicious latte recipe.
ICED CARAMEL LATTE-
What’s better than an iced latte, especially during the hot summer months? Not much! Strong, rich, and flavorful espresso combined with over-ice cubes. This is an iced version of our hot latte.
reasons you need to make the latte:
- Cost-efficient: Enjoy the latte for a fraction of the price and from the comfort of home! A large glass is $4 to $5 from Starbucks, you can make three of them at home for this price.
- Personalize: You can add more or less coffee and sugar, customize the beverage to your flavor and taste.
What’s the Difference Between Iced Latte and Iced Coffee– Although an iced latte and iced coffee seem the same they are quite different!
Iced coffee is made with chilled brewed coffee and typically served with a splash of milk. An iced latte is made with strong espresso coffee with milk as the base!
ICED LATTE INGREDIENTS-
You can have this simple Starbucks copycat iced caramel latte ready with just 5 basic ingredients!
- Coffee– To make a proper iced latte you want to make sure you use espresso shots or really strong coffee.
- Milk– This recipe calls for whole milk, but you can also use 2% milk, or half and half creamer.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– We love adding a little bit of heavy whipping cream to give this latte that creamy and smooth texture!
- Caramel– The main ingredient is the caramel flavor! We love using the Torani Syrup brand but you can use your favorite caramel sauce! If you want healthier options use the sugar free caramel syrup.
- Ice– You are going to need ice cubes to make this an iced latte!
HOW TO MAKE AN ICED LATTE-
Have this iced latte in your hand ready to enjoy in under 10 minutes!
- Make coffee– Make the espresso or strong coffee and add the caramel flavoring to the coffee and mix.
- Milk– Stir in the milk and heavy whipping cream.
- Combine– In a glass cup, add in the iced and pour the espresso over the ice, then pour the milk mixture over the espresso.
- Topping– Top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel and enjoy!
TIP: Don’t be shy with the ice you use! You want to make sure your iced latte is nice and cold, so the more ice the colder the drink will be.
WHAT COFFEE DO I USE?
There are several ways that you can make your espresso/strong coffee. You can also adjust the strength levels depending on how strong you like your lattes.
- Espresso Machine– Make your espresso using an espresso machine, we use our Breville Espresso Machine to achieve the perfect espresso.
- Strong Brewed Coffee– You can just brew a pot of coffee with your standard coffee maker, just be sure to make it really strong.
- Instant Coffee– To make strong coffee you can also use instant coffee, we love THIS brand. Just add 2-3 Tbsps of instant coffee to 2/3 cup of boiling water and mix.
- Cold Brew Coffee– You can also use homemade cold brew or even store bought cold brew for this recipe.
You can make this homemade iced latte with any flavor you want! The flavor options are endless! We LOVE to use the Torani Brand and they have so many different flavors along with sugar-free options!
more latte flavors-
- White Chocolate
- Salted Caramel
- Simple Cane Sugar Sweetener
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes! We actually prefer using THIS caramel sauce instead of the syrup!
If you want to make this caffeine-free, make sure to use caffeine-free coffee!
Yes, substitute the dairy for almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, and any other dairy-free milk. To get the creaminess use dairy-free creamer options.
Yes, you can adjust the strength of the coffee to what you like!
Yes! To make this hot, use our Caramel Brulee Latte Recipe.
No, you do not need to froth the milk for this iced latte. If you want a cold foam you can froth the milk.
MORE DRINKS TO TRY-
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Southern Sweet Tea
- Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- Sparkling Peach Lemonade
Iced Caramel Latte Recipe
- 1/2 cup strong coffee (3 shots of espresso)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp caramel flavoring
- Prepare the strong coffee or espresso in a mug with caramel flavoring.Combine the milk and heavy whipping cream.
- Add the flavored coffee into a glass with ice. Pour the milk over the flavored coffee.
- Stir and enjoy!