Light and crunchy recipe for the BEST onion salad that makes for a great side dish especially for grilled meats. Thinly sliced fresh onions tossed in a tangy vinegar dressing and topped with fresh greens.
The side salad is especially a must with grilled meat like the chicken thighs, the juicy pork chops, or even salmon.
The ultimate homemade onion salad recipe made with a vinegar dressing and ready in just 5 minutes! Sliced sweet onion tossed with vinegar, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, and cilantro.
You can easily adjust the heat of the salad by adding more cayenne pepper or leaving it out completely.
HOW TO MAKE ONION SALAD-
- Slice onion– Peel and clean the onion. Thinly slice the onion into thin strands.
- Prepare the dressing– In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing.
- Combine– Toss the sliced onions with the dressing and top with fresh greens.
- Enjoy– Enjoy, friends.
|CHEF’S TIP– The secret to making |
the best onion salad is cutting the onion into really thin strands.
WHAT TYPE OF ONIONS CAN I USE?
We like to use a sweet white sweet onion, but a purple onion will work just as well.
WHAT HERBS CAN I USE?
You can use your favorite herbs in this salad. We use whatever we have on hand. Fresh dill, parsley or cilantro will all work (or a combination of herbs).
ENJOY THIS SALAD WITH:
Whenever we serve the salad, even the picky eaters that don’t like the salad load on and enjoy it.
Onion Salad Recipe
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- onion salad dressing-
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped herbs
- Slice onion into rings.
- Pour vinegar over onions. Add pepper, salt, paprika and Cayenne pepper to taste. Add fresh herbs. Mix everything and serve.
- Serve immediately.