This Pancake Board is going to be all the rave at your next party! Homemade fluffy pancakes with breakfast meats and all the pancake toppings arranged on a platter.
Though we use a traditional fluffy pancake recipe, you can also prepare Ricotta Pancakes as well.
what is a charcuterie board?
A Classic Charcuterie Board has cured meats arranged on a platter with a variety of crackers, nuts, cheese, and jams.
Today we share the ULTIMATE breakfast pancake platter, or breakfast charcuterie board. Homemade fluffy pancakes with all the breakfast helpings, so beautiful once arranged and served.
Chef’s NOTE: When serving pancakes on a charcuterie board with the meats, arrange the toppings onto the platter before you prepare the pancakes. That way, once the pancakes and meats are cooked, you are ready to eat.
breakfast pancake board-
This pancake recipe will become a family favorite! Fluffy and airy pancakes that are so easy to perfect! With a charcuterie board, you are serving breakfast at a whole new level.
You can add your favorite pancake toppings, here are some ideas for a breakfast charcuterie board-
- Spreads- Nutella hazelnut spread or peanut butter.
- Eggs- Scrambled eggs or however you prefer your eggs served.
- Sauce- Blueberry sauce, or your favorite sauce.
- Nuts- Walnuts or pecans.
- Dairy- Whipped cream or yogurt.
- Butter- Unsalted butter slices at room temp.
- Syrup- Maple or classic syrup.
- Meats- Bacon, sausage links or ham.
- Fresh fruit- Strawberries, raspberries, bananas and blueberries.
Chef’s NOTE: For the most uniform and fluffiest pancakes, we highly recommend using a pancake mold like THIS one. The mold is inexpensive and does wonders for pancakes.
We also used a mini pancake pan (like THIS) for the mini pancakes. The kids loved how cute and fluffy they were. Use the same recipe just cook them a little longer and be sure to generously grease the pan.
how to make fluffy pancakes-
The batter is so easy to make if you use a blender (we use THIS one).
- Prepare pancake batter- In a blender, add the milk, butter, eggs, sugar, salt, flour and baking powder.
- Cook pancakes- To cook the pancakes, I highly recommend a mold. The pancakes come out perfect, uniform and so fluffy. Spoon the batter into the mold half full. Cook over medium, once pancakes rise and start to bubble and have holes, they are ready to be flipped.
Chef’s NOTE: The SECRET to the fluffiest and most delicious pancakes is to make sure you cook them over medium heat. High heat will burn the edges and you’ll have an uncooked center, while low heat will completely dry the pancakes out as they cook.
TIP: We used butter and oil to grease the pan. If you go with this method, clean off the pan before adding a new batch of pancakes so the butter doesn’t burn the pancakes.
I hope you give this gorgeous breakfast pancake board a try, especially for brunch with friends or family. The board is also a wonderful idea for breakfast around the holidays.
HERE is the board we use, in case you are looking for one! 🙂
enjoy these other recipes for breakfast-
- One Sheet Breakfast– Everything cooked in one sheet.
- Oatmeal– Learn how to make the best oatmeal.
- Biscuits and Gravy– The sausage gravy you’ll make over and over.
- Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches– With the most delicious sauce.
- BEST Sandwich Platter– a platter loaded with ingredients to build your own sandwich.
Breakfast Pancake Charcuterie Board
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, measured then sifted
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp canola oil divided, for cooking
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter divided, for cooking
- Into a blender, add the eggs, sugar, milk, melted butter, flour, salt and baking powder. Be sure to add the wet ingredients.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tsp oil and 1/2 Tbsp butter.
- Scoop batter mixture into a skillet. If not using a mold, use a 1/4 measuring cup for even-sized pancakes.
- Once the batter bubbles, flip and cook until pancakes are fully cooked.
- Create your breakfast board with the cooked pancakes. Enjoy!