Simple Pastry Cherry Cheesecake Dessert recipe. Puff pastry desserts filled with cherries and sweetened cream cheese. Crunchy fluffy layers with a sweet filling in every bite, these mini pies will become a favorite!
Try our Cherry Cheesecake Buns where the combination of cherry filling and cream cheese is also used.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
cherry pastry dessert-
These cherry pastries are so simple and taste amazing! They are quick to make and come in handy when you have a sweet craving. The crunch of the puff pastry combined with the cherry filling and sweet cream cheese is phenomenal!
what filling can I use for this pastry dessert?
This recipe calls for cherry filling, but you can use blueberry, raspberry and apricot filling.
how to make pastry cherry cheesecake dessert:
These mini pies are so easy and quick to prepare and are the perfect dessert for any occasion.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With a mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar.
- Gently roll out thawed puff pastry sheet to about 10×14 inches.
- Cut pastry sheet in three equal strips. Then cut each strip into 3 equal parts.
- Spread cream cheese on one side of puff pastry piece. Top with cherry filling.
- Fold over the pieces and very tightly pinch together the edges.
- Place pastries onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the mini pies 14-18 minutes, until tops are golden.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Once desserts are cooled, dust with powdered sugar.
keeping the puff pastry sealed-
- When pinching the pastry edges together, be sure to seal tightly or else the filling will ooze out.
- If any of the filling does ooze out a tad bit, while the pastries are still warm from the oven, work a butter knife, tuck the filling back in.
These pastry cherry cheesecake desserts are sure going to be a hit! Don’t be intimidated, they’re super easy to make. 🙂
Try these other great DESSERT recipes:
- Layered Pastry Cake with Fruits– the fruit gives so much flavor.
- Berry Cheesecake Puff Pastry Tart– so appealing.
- Pumpkin Phyllo Turnovers– when pumpkin season is in full swing.
Pastry Cherry Cheesecake Desserts
- Preheat oven at step 5 to 375°F. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Once pastry sheets are thawed, keep one in refrigerator as you work with the other. Gently roll sheet out to 10x14 inches. Cut into three equal strips. Take each strip and cut it into 3 equal pieces (pizza cutter works well).
- Take some cream cheese and spread it one side of the pastry piece. Add some cherry filling. (I cut the cherries in half when adding them. Be sure to leave edges free as that is where the seams need to come together.)
- Fold over the pieces and very tightly pinch together the edges. Then tuck under the edges under and with either your fingers or a fork, punch down edges again.
- Bake 14-18 minutes until tops are golden. DON’T open oven during baking. Repeat with second pastry sheet. Once desserts are cooled, dust with powdered sugar.
- Enjoy, friends.