Step-by-step homemade Pork Potstickers Recipe. Potstickers (dumplings) are really easy to make at home and are so versatile with the filling that can be used. These dumplings are filled with a ground pork, cabbage and mushrooms filling.
Potstickers are sometimes confused with gyozas. Though prepared slightly different, both are wonderful and so much better than takeout.
Potstickers are Chinese dumplings that are also popular in Asia other Western countries. The dumplings are filled with a meat or veggie filling and pan-fried until brown and crispy.
Ground pork mixed with sauteed mushrooms, carrots and cabbage. The filling is secured in thin wrappers then fried until crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
how to make potstickers-
Though potstickers are a little time consuming, they are worth the effort.
- PREPARE FILLING: Saute mushrooms. Cook carrots and cabbage. Combine all of the ingredients for the filling.
- ASSEMBLE: Layout the wrappers. Spoon about 1 Tablespoon of filling to the center or wrapper. Moisten edges of wrappers with water and close to secure.
- COOK: Add oil to a skillet to cover pan. Once hot, add stickers and fry until crispy on both sides, flipping as needed, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- SERVE: Serve potstickers with sauce and ENJOY!
what do you serve with dumplings?
Potstickers are best when served with a sauce for dipping. For the sauce we just used low-sodium soy sauce and freshly grated ginger. The potstickers are also great to serve with Kani Salad.
can I freeze potstickers?
Yes, potstickers are great to freeze. Layout assembled stickers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once potstickers are frozen, transfer to freezer bag. They can stay fresh up to 3 months in freezer.
To cook, add frozen potstickers to skillets per instructions, they will just need a little longer to cook at a lower heat.
I can’t wait for you to give this recipe a try. They are wonderful and so easy to make.
Try these other great recipes:
- Uzbek Samsa Recipe– classic Uzbek dish.
- Spicy Chicken Quesadilla– easiest quesadilla recipe.
- Savory Crepes– ground meat and veggies, sauteed.
Pork Potstickers Recipe
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 large carrot, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Canola oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pack won ton wrappers (50 wrapper)
- oil for frying
- low sodium soy sauce + fresh grated ginger
- Saute mushrooms in oil until golden.
- Add cabbage and carrot to saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a boil, cook 2-3 minutes until cabbage becomes tender. Drain water and squeeze excess water.
- Combine all of the ingredients for potstickers, add salt/pepper to taste.
- Lay out won top wrappers on the surface. Spoon filling into the center of the wrapper. Using fingers, moisten edges of wrappers with water. Fold dough over to create a triangle, pinch edges to seal, lightly push down on the filling to distribute filling for even cooking.
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of the non-stick pan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook potstickers in a single layer until golden crisp, about 2 – 3 minutes on either side. Enjoy with dipping sauce.
You can also find this recipe on Julie’s Eats and Treats, where I shared the recipe first.