If you are a fan of all things pumpkin pie spice, you have to try our Pumpkin French Toast Recipe. Thick slices of bread dredged in a phenomenal pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and vanilla egg and milk mixture and cooked until golden brown.
PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST-
What is French Toast? French Toast is a dish made with bread soaked in a pumpkin puree, egg, and milk mixture, then fried until golden. Traditional French Toast is our favorite and kids love French Toast Sticks as well.
This pumpkin version is a favorite fall breakfast during the cooler weather and around pumpkin season when the pumpkin flavor is everything.
What Bread is Best for French Toast?
You can use just about any sandwich bread, we prefer a bread that is thick and denser. Here are some of our favorite bread:
- Slices Texas Toast
- Challah Bread
- Brioche Slices
- Whole Bread Cut into Slices
|Chef’s Tip: You want to make sure you use|
bread that is stale and at least one day old for best results.
How to make French Toast:
The instructions for this recipe cannot get any simpler.
- Make Butter Topping: Beat butter until it is creamy (be sure it is room temperature). Add the powdered sugar, pumpkin spice and beat again. Set aside.
- Make Egg Mixture: In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the egg/milk mixture. Transfer to a baking dish (it is easier to dredge in a deep dish). Tip: You can substitute for almond milk or dairy-free milk if needed.
- Dredge Bread: Quickly dredge the bread slices into the egg mixture, be sure to cover both sides. Add bread to a platter and continue with the remaining slices.
- Cook French Toast: Add the butter and oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter then add the bread slices. Saute 2-3 minutes, flip and cook until bread is golden and crispy.
- Serve: Serve the French Toast with the butter topping and ENJOY!
|Cooking tip: Wipe your pan after each batch. A clean skillet makes a HUGE difference.|
PUMPKIN BUTTER TOPPING-
This pumpkin spice butter topping is so addictive and the perfect finish to the French toast.
- Beat the butter until creamy.
- Add the pumpkin spice and sugar and beat until combined.
This pumpkin butter spread can also be made ahead and refrigerated. Spread over toast for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
We used this delicious pumpkin spice butter as our topping, it is GREAT! Other great toppings for French Toast are:
- Walnuts or pecans
- Whipped cream
- Maple syrup (for sweetness)
OTHER GREAT BREAKFAST RECIPES:
We just love breakfast recipes. It is by far our favorite meal of the day. Here are some other popular breakfast recipes to try:
- Homemade Biscuits
- Biscuits and Gravy
- Ricotta Pancakes
- Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Bacon Spinach Omelette
- Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
Pumpkin French Toast Recipe
- 8 slices French bread, thick slices
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, for frying
- Prepare butter topping. In a bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add the powdered sugar, and pumpkin spice and beat again. Set aside for serving.
- Submerge the bread slices into the egg mixture, covering both sides. Place bread on a platter. Continue with remaining bread slices.
- Add butter and oil to a large skillet for frying. Amounts will vary depending on the size of the pan. Place about 2-3 bread slices in the skillet at a time.
- Cook over med/high heat for about 2-3 minutes on per side, until bread is golden and crispy.