An easy and Quick Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe. It’s like banana bread but mini individual sizes and so GOOD! The chocolate muffins with chocolate chips are so soft, airy and the perfect way to use up bananas.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
chocolate chip banana muffins-
Moist and soft chocolate banana muffins loaded with chocolate chip morsels. A perfect combination of flavors and a must-try for the chocolate lovers.
These easy banana muffins are so delicious. I love that they use basic ingredients you already most likely have in your pantry. Kids love the muffins as a snack or for breakfast with a glass of cold milk.
how to make chocolate banana muffins-
These muffins are so quick to throw together, it’s such a fun recipe to make with kids.
- MASH BANANAS- You can mash the bananas with a fork. We like having chunks of bananas in the muffins so we leave the bananas a little chunky. You can mash the bananas until pureed.
- DRY INGREDIENTS- Combine the flour with baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. The cocoa powder gives the muffins its chocolatey flavor.
- WET INGREDIENTS- Mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the mashed bananas, oil, sour cream and whisk to combine.
- COMBINE- Add in half of the flour mixture, gently mix to combine. Add remaining flour and mix.
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS- The key ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chip morsels, reserving some for the top.
- BAKE- Evenly distribute the batter between the 12 muffins. Add remaining morsels over top of batter. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean in the center of muffin.
tips on how to get the BEST banana bread muffins-
- Use overripe bananas, they have more flavor to add to banana bread.
- Instead of using a mixer, mix with a wire whisk to avoid overbeating.
- Sift the flour once you have it measured. Sifted flour always performs better when baking.
- Don’t overbake the muffins, they won’t be as soft.
can I freeze banana bread muffins?
Yes, the muffins freeze well. Wrap in plastic wrap and put into a freezer container or freezer bag, they will stay fresh 2-3 months. Thaw muffins completely before enjoying. Reheat until warm if desired.
I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as our kiddos do. They are wonderful.
Try these other Dessert recipes:
- Twisted Sweet Bread Recipe– Sweet bread with a jam center.
- Poppy Seed Babka– An amazing poppy seed bread recipe.
- Nutella Rice Krispie Treats– The best chocolate dessert!
- Banana Pecan Bread– Soft banana bread with pecans.
Quick Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Prepare muffin sheet. Line with cupcake liners and lightly spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together eggs and sugar.
- Add in mashed bananas, oil, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Add in half the flour mixture and whisk together. Add the rest of the flour, mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chip morsels, reserving a few tablespoons.
- Evenly distribute batter among all muffin wells.
- Bake at 375 °F for 12-15 minute.