This Raspberry Chocolate Chip Banana bread recipe is a banana bread recipe with a twist. It’s filled with fresh raspberries and white chocolate chip morsels. The perfect combination to add flavor to a banana bread loaf. Your loved ones will be impressed.
Easy banana bread recipe
I love easy banana bread recipes. My husband loves sweets and so I always try to have some kind of dessert for him. Since banana bread is so easy to make, it’s one of my go-to desserts to make. To add some flavor and a wow factor, I decided to add some white chocolate and raspberries. The results were amazing and that’s where this wonderful raspberry chocolate chip banana bread recipe came to life.
How to make banana bread
Making banana bread is a simple and quick task. Almost all of our kids can make a banana bread loaf by themselves it’s that easy. We make this banana bread often and they have become experts. 🙂
- Mush the bananas (get some hand exercise in there;). Prepare banana bread mixture.
- Add a portion of the mixture to a banana bread loaf.
- Add some fresh or frozen raspberries and white chocolate morsels.
- Repeat, repeat and bake.
How can I substitute buttermilk?
Yes! If you don’t have buttermilk. Combine 1/4 cup sour cream with 1 tsp vinegar.
Can I use frozen raspberries?
Yes, fresh and frozen raspberries may be used.
Can I substitute milk chocolate instead of white chocolate?
Yes, milk or dark chocolate may be used. however, I think you want the white chocolate. End of story!
White chocolate chip banana bread
So, banana bread seems to be an addictive kind of sweet bread. It’s so good and you seem to not have control but enjoy more than one slice (or two or three..), you know what I’m sayin! I love to keep loose pants one when I prepare sweet bread – it’s a serious weakness of mine. Any sweet bread is a weakness, however, chocolate chip banana bread is pure danger!. I may or may not sit in front of the oven and enjoy the aroma of banana bread with raspberries and white chocolate. (My kids, who love their weird mom, may or may not come and sit by me and watch the banana bread come to life.) That just sounded so weird!
But, seriously, the aroma of the added white chocolate chips with raspberries gives you some serious cravings (And a desire to find a good hiding spot for dessert you can enjoy later. No, I don’t have a spot like that by my nightstand, bahaha.. I think I’ve officially scared some friends away from our blog.)
Other banana bread recipes to enjoy-
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – Yes, zucchini. 🙂
- Banana Bread Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting – Muffins + Cream cheese = YESS
- Banana Nut Bread – It’s NUTilicious!
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 9"×5" loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Add flour to mixture and mix.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into a loaf ban, add some chocolate chips and raspberries. Repeat two more times.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 350°F for 30 minutes. Turn heat down to 325°F and bake another 15-20 minutes. Check readiness of banana bread with a toothpick, it should come out clean.
- Remove bread from the oven. Cool about 10 minutes and remove from loaf pan to cool completely.