Crescent rolls with a cheesy spinach filling and shaped into a ring.
Excited to share this recipe with you guys. The recipe is inspired by my wonderful mother-in-law, Olga, who is a phenomenal cook. She makes these wonderful pies using homemade crescent dough recipe and fills them with a cheesy spinach filling. They are such a great treat for a side dish, or for a lazy dinner or if you are having a get together with family or friends. Sometimes, the idea of making homemade crescent isn’t very appealing though. So, I just use the store-bought crescent rolls and shape it into a ring and it works wonderfully. Tastes just as great and alleviates the hassle of making the dough. This recipe is a huge crowd pleaser. I know there are people out there that aren’t big fans of spinach (been there myself) and will most likely look at this recipe and say not for me. Oh, do give it a try. It is such a good combination!
You can shape this recipe into individual sized balls like the Chicken & Spinach Artichoke Crescent Puffs or Chicken and Broccoli Puffs. However, I personally love the way the crescent ring looks. It’s so appealing and looks beautiful on the table if serving for guests or even at home.
2 tubes crescent rolls
2 cups lightly packed fresh spinach
1/3 favorite herbs (cilantro or parsley)
1/3 cup green onion, chopped
2 cups shredded cheese
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp bread crumbs
1 Tbsp butter, melted
Chop spinach, green onion, and herbs. Add Mozzarella and butter. Mix well.
Layout crescent around in a 12″ round pan, overlapping triangles.
Add filling to dough where the triangles overlap.
Bring over the corners of triangles and tick under the center of the ring, lightly press down. Continue all the way around the ring.
Brush tops of crescents with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Bake 18-22 minutes at 375°F until crescents are golden in color. Serve and enjoy!
YOU CAN ALSO SEE THIS RECIPE ON JULIE’S EAT AND TREATS WHERE I AM A CONTRIBUTOR. 🙂
Spinach and Cheese Crescent Ring Recipe
- 2 tubes crescent rolls
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh spinach
- 1/3 favorite herbs, cilantro or parsley
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Chop spinach, green onion, and herbs. Add Mozzarella and butter. Mix well.
- Layout crescent around pan overlapping triangles.
- Add filling to dough where the triangles overlap.
- Bring over the corners of triangles and tick under the center of the ring, lightly press down. Continue all the way around the ring.
- Brush tops of crescents with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 18-22 minutes at 375°F until crescents are golden in color. Serve and enjoy!