Easiest Tomato Mozzarella Salad Recipe with the best homemade tangy dressing. This dressing makes the salad enjoyable all year round and adds so much freshness to the tomatoes.
Fresh juicy tomatoes with mozzarella and herbs in a garlic olive oil dressing – pure perfection.
tomato mozzarella salad recipe-
Tough the tomato mozzarella salad only has three ingredients (plus the dressing), you will be amazed how much flavor there is in the salad. The juices from the tomatoes and the dressing combined give the salad a “marinated tomato” taste. Such a healthy and flavor-packed salad.
Not only tomatoes, but cheese is so good in a salad just like in the Caprese Salad recipe or the classic Greek Salad.
how to make tomato mozzarella salad-
This is a salad that is completely ready to serve in like 5 minutes because there are only a few ingredients to cut. So EASY!
- Quarter the tomatoes and cube or halve the mini mozzarella cheese.
- Combine ingredients for the dressing; stir together the oil, garlic, and vinegar.
- In a bowl, add the tomatoes, cheese, herbs, and dressing. Season salad with salt & pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Serve immediately, refrigerate leftovers.
This salad can easily be prepped in advance (even the day before) and the dressing added before serving. It’s the perfect salad to make for parties because it required minimal ingredients or even a side salad for dinner!
My kids are not tomato fans (no idea where I went wrong there, lol). But they sure to enjoy picking out the marinated mozzarella cheese from the salad.
more easy salad recipes:
- Easy Pasta Salad– not a traditional pasta salad.
- Cabbage Cucumber Tomato Salad– a family favorite.
- Pasta Chicken Caesar Salad– with a homemade dressing.
- Summer Salad– so easy to make.
You can store this salad in the refrigerator for up to two days once you’ve prepared it!
If you don’t like cilantro, substitute for fresh basil or parsley with great results.
Tomato Mozzarella Salad Recipe
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes on vine, ripe
- 6 oz mini mozzarella cheese balls
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh herbs (cilantro, parsley or basil)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl combine the oil, vinegar and garlic for the dressing.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, thinly slice the onion, chop herbs, and cut the cheese in half or quarter. Add to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the dressing, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This recipe was originally posted in September 2015 and updated in January 2020.