Welcome to the World, Elijah!

Welcome to the World, Elijah Alexander.

Mother and father holding a baby.

We are so excited to announce the arrival of our precious son and miracle baby. Elijah Alexander was born 1/5/19 at 36 weeks, weighing 6lb 5oz and 18” long.

(This is what he thought of us taking pics of him ;)…)

Newborn baby sticking out tongue.

I’d like to share the story of our son’s birth and how God guided his life, even when he was unborn.

(Did a little photo shoot of him. Taking pictures of babies is really different than food, haha.  They came out pretty decent, I’d say? We had so much fun. Thanks to my hubby and Victoria for helping.)

Baby swaddled sleeping in a basket

BIRTH STORY-

Friday night was like any other evening. I had a few really strong contractions before going to bed but the Braxton hicks have started a few weeks back so it was nothing alarming.

I got up at about 3:00 a.m. with the feeling that my water broke. I woke my up husband and he helped me up only to discover it wasn’t water that broke at all, it was blood gushing as if from a fountain.

And the nightmare began.

We rushed to the hospital.

Once we got to the hospital, there was a nurse walking out from her shift. She was God sent. She saw the emergency of our situation and ran me upstairs to labor and delivery.

Collage of newborn baby pics.

They admitted us and hooked up all the monitors. I was feeling okay other than the shock of our baby arriving at 36 weeks and we were NOT ready at all. NOT AT ALL!

The nurse we had was also a God sent and I give her a ton of credit for our baby being alive. She had worked in labor and delivery for 38 years and I was her last patient. She was leaving to a different position. She had also mentioned she was not supposed to work that shift and was called in.

Thank you, Jesus, for providing for us. She was so swift in making decisions and so wise.

Baby in a mother's arm.

They were able to give me my epidural. The baby’s heart rate sounded fantastic for about 20 minutes and everything seemed so normal.

Then, I got a really intense contraction. With the contraction came a gush of more blood and the baby’s heart rate went from wonderful to no heart rate at all. Once the contraction passed, all was normal. The nurse called in a team of medical personnel.

Baby swaddled wearing a hat and sack.

Next contraction and the same repeated.

When the third contraction came I felt like I was going to pass out and the doctor informed us that we needed an emergency c-section to save the baby as he was suffocating.

They rushed me down the hall to surgery. This was so scary, I’ve never experienced anything like it.

Close up of baby with one eye open.

They transferred me onto a new bed and once they hooked the monitor to the baby’s heart rate, the heart rate was so low it was barely a heartbeat.

The head doctor screamed that the baby needed to be delivered now. They strapped me down and our son was delivered in 2 minutes, yes, 2 minutes!

Talk about professionals.

So thankful to the room full of medical personnel who took a part in helping bring our baby into this world.

Father holding child in arm.

My husband finally made it into the room.

We hear crying.

Our precious son, crying!

Baby sleeping in mom's arm.

Once delivered, they told us I had placenta abruption and that’s why things played out the way the did.

Baby resting on mom's shoulder.

SIDE NOTE: We had a team that went to Mexico on a mission trip from our church. Those of you that have been our online friends for a while know my husband has a heart for mission work. He goes 2-3 times a year somewhere. This year was 4 trips.

He had wanted to really go on this trip, the team that went were all so near and dear to our hearts. Since our due date was only four weeks away, I wasn’t a fan of him going. However, I told him if he really wanted to go, he could. He says he wanted to go but there was something that kept him home.

Friends, if he would of went, he would have been away during all of this. PRAISING God he was home!

Baby sleeping swaddled in a blanket.

Our son is healthy.

Didn’t have to go to the NICU.

Fully developed.

Eating like a champ.

Disposing like a boss ;).

Wedding rings on baby's toes. This was our worse pregnancy, our scariest delivery.

I know, without a doubt, God has a plan for this little guy. He is going to use him for His glory in a MIGHTY way!

Feeling so humbled He chose us to be his parents.

Though we had serious difficulty with this pic, haha, I love how it turned out. This is one of my favorite Bible verses. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.” Jer 1:5

Though this was not the ideal way to deliver a baby, I know God was still so in control. He is teaching us something through this as well. We may not fully understand all of it but to Him be the Glory through this situation as well. Amen!

Last pic. Promise… (Well, for the time being. 🙂 …)

GETTING TO KNOW YOU: Though each birth is a miracle in itself, do any of you have a testimony? Share about it in the comments below!.

Thank you for visiting our online home.

Fondly,

Tima & Valentina

Benjamin, Joseph, Elizabeth, Nathaniel, Abigail and Elijah.

Valentina's Corner

Show 67 Comments
  • Venera 01/12/2019, 10:20 pm Link Reply

Praise the Lord!!! So happy everything is good with both of you. Our God sure IS almighty! With love, Venera ❤

• Valentina's Corner 01/13/2019, 1:43 pm Link Reply

Thanks for visiting our online home, Venera. We are feeling so loved.

• Olga 01/12/2019, 10:01 pm Link Reply

Congratulations! He’s so cute and perfectly made. My first daughter was born 3weeks & 3 days early & weighed exactly like your baby. What a story,may God bless you and your beautiful family. Get well soon,my dear. ??

• Valentina's Corner 01/13/2019, 1:45 pm Link Reply

Thank you, Olechka! I bet your daughter has caught up and you can’t even tell she was early. 🙂 Kids are such a blessing (and a ton of work, haha), but a blessing for sure. 🙂

• Victoriya 01/12/2019, 9:46 pm Link Reply

Praise God! Our God is a good God! May God bless you abundantly and give you speedy recovery! We welcomed our 3rd son 1 month ago by a 3 c section. Recovery is harder but I am seeing God’s hand in everything!
    Be blessed!

• Valentina's Corner 01/13/2019, 1:35 pm Link Reply

Congratulations on the birth of your son! Blessing you and your husband with wisdom to raise the boys for His Kingdom. May they make a difference in the world and impact the people around them. 🙂 Hoping you are feeling yourself again and have gained most of your strength back. 🙂

• Olya 01/12/2019, 8:52 pm Link Reply

Wow Valechka, what a story! As I was reading this, I kept thinking what about you, how are you feeling? Than I read your comment, thank God your feeling better, and the baby is good and healthy as well! You take care of yourself!!! Get those blood levels up! We always tend to put ourselves last…. Hope you have a full and fast recovery! God bless!

• Valentina's Corner 01/13/2019, 1:31 pm Link Reply

You’re so sweet for thinking of me. Thank you, I feel so loved. I will be honest, the first couple of days were a nightmare. If it wasn’t for my caring husband, I’m not sure how I would have survived those days. I learned something though. Good health is something I often forget to fervently thank God for and something I need to do on a regular basis. So, something good came out of it already 🙂

• Mariana 01/12/2019, 8:07 pm Link Reply

Congratulations!!!! Very handsome baby! ??

• Valentina's Corner 01/13/2019, 1:23 pm Link Reply

Aaawwww, thanks so much, Mariana. He has all of us wrapped around his little finger. 🙂

• Viktoriya 01/12/2019, 4:57 pm Link Reply

Wow! God is good! Praise Jesus for His provision. Amazing how everything worked out from the right nurse to your husband being home. Wow! Praise God! Elijah is precious! Congratulations! Wishing you a speedy recovery! ❤️

• Valentina's Corner 01/13/2019, 1:23 pm Link Reply

God thought through every detail and it’s so humbling. There was a battle for this little one and I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for him.
      Wishing you and your loved ones a most blessed 2019 year.

• Vita 01/12/2019, 4:42 pm Link Reply

By the end of your story I was crying my eyes out! Wow! What an amazing miracle! Our God is soo good! Thank you for sharing with us❤❤❤ wishing all the blessings to your wonderful family!

• Valentina's Corner 01/13/2019, 1:21 pm Link Reply

Thanks so much for visiting and reading our story, Vita! I’ll take the blessing and may His blessings rest upon you and your loves ones as well. <3

• Lisa Underation 01/12/2019, 3:45 pm Link Reply

What an awesome testimony. God must have totally amazing things in store for him as I know he does for all of your children. Bless you and your beautiful family. Can’t wait to meet him. Nathan says he is going to be a baller ?

• Valentina's Corner 01/13/2019, 12:39 pm Link Reply

Aaawww, how sweet Nathan. Thank you for the blessing and blessings to your family as well. 🙂

• Luda 01/12/2019, 2:08 pm Link Reply

Wow what a story , reading it with tears on my eyes. We serve an amazing God . God bless you and your family 🙂

• Valentina's Corner 01/12/2019, 2:37 pm Link Reply

Thanks so much for the blessing, Luda. Blessing you and your loved ones as well! May this New Year be filled with many wonderful memories. 🙂

• Marilyn Zoldan 01/12/2019, 2:05 pm Link Reply

You have truly been a part of a miracle of God . Thanking Him for his mercy and help at your time of need and trusting His faithfulness will guide and direct you in the days ahead for Elijah and his brothers and sisters…Love to all..

• Valentina's Corner 01/12/2019, 2:12 pm Link Reply

Thank you so much, dear neighbor! <3 <3 <3

• Irina 01/12/2019, 1:54 pm Link Reply

Wow that’s scary it’s great you both are doing great. With my first I had c section also I had high blood pressure and three seizures ge was in the NICU for a month was weighing 3 pounds.

• Valentina's Corner 01/13/2019, 1:19 pm Link Reply

Oh no, Irina! I’m so sorry to hear that. That must have been twice as frightening since it was your first one. I am hoping you are all much better now. It’s amazing what we as mammas sometimes have to go through.

• Tatyana M. 01/12/2019, 1:45 pm Link Reply

Valyachka
    Congratulations to you and with ur Blessing little boy that you get to hold in ur hands. wow !!! you have been through alot.. looks like baby is doing good… Thank God!!! How are you doing…??? the post mostly talks about the baby… mamas have to go thru so much… Hope u have a fast recovery. Blessings to you and ur family. will keep in our prayers. Tatyana M. (Sacramento, CA)

• Valentina's Corner 01/12/2019, 2:25 pm Link Reply

Aaawww, thanks so much for asking, I don’t really like to talk about myself. That was so sweet of you.
      The stress of all that happened probably took a good couple years of my life and I’m surprised I don’t have a head of gray hair.
      I lost so much blood (was 1 point away from needing a transfusion) and since they injected a high dose of epidural so quickly, it was a nightmare of a recovery. I am that rare case that had MIGRAINES for 4 days from the epidural and loss of blood. I couldn’t even move the headaches were that excruciating. Nothing helped but laying flat on my back.
      I was finally up and walking yesterday and feeling so much better today. Still very weak but being cooped up in bed is not for me, haha. My hands are itching to go bake something for my family. 😉
      So grateful for my hubby. He babied me most caringly and tenderly, fed me and everything. I haven’t changed a diaper yet (not complaining about this one).
      Thanks for visiting, Tatyanochka.

• Viktoriya 01/12/2019, 1:36 pm Link Reply

How scary but God was there through it all and at the end you got a sweet bundle to call your own! Congratulations and quick recovery to mama and baby! He is definitely a little New Years miracle!

• Valentina's Corner 01/12/2019, 2:14 pm Link Reply

I’d go through it again, all over again if I had to.
      He’s so sweet and kiddos are over the moon in love. Our oldest is 15 and he has totally stolen his heart. Think that was the biggest surprise for me.
      Thank you for being a part of our online family, Viktoriya!

• Liane 01/12/2019, 1:31 pm Link Reply

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy.

• Valentina's Corner 01/12/2019, 2:11 pm Link Reply

Thank you, Liane! So appreciate the Congrats. 🙂

• Tanya 01/12/2019, 1:25 pm Link Reply

Congratulations!!!❤ He is sooo handsome and perfect!
    Praise God for carrying you and your baby through this difficult time.
    Thank you for taking the time to update us.
    Blessing to your family and speedy recovery for you.??

• Valentina's Corner 01/12/2019, 2:11 pm Link Reply

Thank you for being a part of our online family. For taking the time to visit and comment. Makes me feel super special. 🙂 My hubby and kiddos are pampering me BIG TIME. I may just get used to this kind of care, haha.:)

• Dina 01/12/2019, 1:07 pm Link Reply

Valentina what a story! I’m so glad that you and your little one are ok. God bless your beautiful family. Thank you for sharing this story with us! ❤️

• Valentina's Corner 01/12/2019, 2:09 pm Link Reply

Thank you so much, Dinochka! <3

• Natalya 01/12/2019, 1:06 pm Link Reply

What an amazing testimony! God is so good! He is in control of every move, everything little turn and twist in our lives! Praise the Lord! He is Almighty! Beautiful pictures! Very handsome little guy that God brought thru big memorable entrance! Congratulations! May God bless you and your beautiful family!

• Valentina's Corner 01/12/2019, 2:09 pm Link Reply

Thank you for the beautiful reminder and comment, Natalya. He truly is in control. In a way, I’m glad he allowed me to go through this, I will definitely be able to sympathize on a personal level with women going through something similar. It becomes a special kind of bond. 🙂

• Oksana 01/12/2019, 1:05 pm Link Reply

Praise God! Yes He is always in control (even when He was sleeping on a boat in a raging sea). Your son is so precious))) Wishing you to get well soon and fast! You’ll need a lot of energy 😉

• Valentina's Corner 01/12/2019, 2:07 pm Link Reply

Thanks so much, Oksana. You are totally right. I love that story.

• Tanya 01/12/2019, 12:56 pm Link Reply

Brings back so many memories ?. I had complet placenta abruption so the blood didn’t even slow down. It’s such a nightmare. Your little miracle looks beautiful! May God bless you and your family. Glory to God for keeping you and your little man safe.

• Valentina's Corner 01/12/2019, 1:00 pm Link Reply

It really is extremely scary! Ours was a complete abruption as well. Doc says that’s why he was suffocating. Feel such a special bond every time I hold him, knowing things could have gone completely different.

• Tanya 01/12/2019, 1:09 pm Link

I’m greatful God protected you and your little one! It’s already a scary situation, and then to hear your little ones heart beat is going down…well…there’s no words to explain that. God bless!

• Jessica 01/12/2019, 12:44 pm Link Reply

This boy already has my heart 1000000% and I am so grateful we have such an amazing God who saw you though this experience. Wow he is good and how he loves us ❤️

• Valentina's Corner 01/12/2019, 12:58 pm Link Reply