Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
CopyCat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe loaded with Italian sausage, potatoes and kale in a creamy broth. This under 30-minute soup will become a favorite
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 cups water
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 pounds potatoes (5-6 potatoes), diced
- 3 cups packed chopped kale, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cayenne pepper or pepper flakes, to taste, optional
In a Dutch oven or pot, bring water and broth to a boil. Add diced potatoes and seasonings, cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a knife.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over high heat, brown sausage, breaking up the meat as it’s cooked.
Add onions, sauté until tender. Add carrots, cook until tender, stirring as needed. Add minced garlic. Turn off heat.
Once potatoes are tender, transfer ingredients from skillet to Dutch oven.
Add kale and heavy whipping cream, cook an additional 5 minutes over med heat.
Add additional seasonings, if desired.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 879mg | Potassium: 881mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 4220IU | Vitamin C: 53.5mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 5mg