Ground Beef Stir Fry Recipe
Quick and easy Ground Beef Stir Fry Recipe. Ground beef sauteed with vegetables in a delicious soy sauce with sesame oil! The stir fry is completely ready in 30 minutes. Perfect for busy dinners.
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, thin strands
- 1 green bell pepper, thin strands
- 12 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large carrots, thin strands
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp oil, for sauteing (olive or canola oil), divided
stir fry sauce-
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1½ tsp pure sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar, lightly packed
Pre-cut all vegetables for the ground beef stir fry. Cut the peppers and carrots into thin strands. Slice the mushrooms. Finely cut the green onion.
Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce, set aside.
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet. Cook ground beef in the skillet, breaking up the meat as it's cooked. Remove meat from skillet, set aside and cover. Using the same skillet, add the mushrooms, carrots, and peppers with additional 2 Tbsp oil. Cook until vegetables are tender. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
Add ground beef back to the vegetables. Pour sauce over and mix well.
Cook an additional 3 minutes and remove from the heat.
Top with green onions and serve.