Chicken Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
EASY Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich recipe. Thin slices of chicken sautéed with peppers, onions, and mushroom and loaded with cheese served with a hoagie roll.
- 3/4 lb chicken breast boneless skinless, thin sliced
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- 4 oz provolone cheese, sliced
- 2 hoagie rolls (sandwich rolls)
- mayo, optional
Thinly slice the chicken breast. Slice the onion, mushrooms and cut green peppers into thin strands.
In a skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onions with butter and oil until the vegetables are desired doneness. Remove from the skillet. In the same skillet, saute chicken until cooked through. Add the vegetables back to the skillet.
Add the garlic and seasonings, cook until garlic is fragrant.
Top chicken and veggies with the cheese. Cover the skillet with a lid and allow the cheese to melt.
Toast the buns and spread with mayonnaise. (TIP: If you like spicy, add sriracha or hot sauce to the mayo.)
Divide the cheesy chicken and veggies between two buns.
- You can substitute the chicken breast for chicken thighs.
- Toast the hoagie rolls for added crispiness to the bread.
- Depending on the size of your hoagie rolls, you may be able to get more sandwiches than two.