How to Cook Shrimp
The easiest method how to cook shrimp is baking it in the oven. It's great to serve as an appetizer or the many other Shrimp Recipe ideas.
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, thawed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Devein the shrimp, remove the tail and completely pat dry.
Add shrimp to the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper to taste.
Baked at 425°F for 7-9 minutes or until pink.
How long do you cook shrimp?
All ovens are different and the shrimp may cook just a little longer or shorter. Cook shrimp just until it turns pink.
- Small shrimp, bake 5-6 minutes
- Large shrimp, bake 7-8 minutes
- Extra-large shrimp, bake 9-11 minutes
- Jumbo shrimp, bake 12-15 minutes