Breaded Fried Shrimp Recipe
Look no further for the easiest fried shrimp recipe. With just a few easy steps and minimal ingredients, you can enjoy the restaurant favorite right at home! Serve up your crispy, golden shrimp with a side of cocktail sauce!
- 1 lb jumbo raw shrimp (or large)
- oil for frying (light olive oil, canola or vegetable)
- 1 lemon, optional
Arrange your dredging station by setting up all three bowls.
Dip shrimp into each bowl, making sure to pat panko crumbs in.
Heat a ½ inch of oil in a Dutch oven. Proceed to fry the shrimp for 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown, and remove from heat.
Drizzle finished shrimp with lemon juice and serve with cocktail sauce!
- Keep an eye on the oil temperature while frying. If it drops too low in heat it will result in a soggy shrimp. Oil should remain at 350°F-375°F.
- Cook shrimp in batches to not overcrowd the pan. This will result in the oil temperature dropping and not crisping up the shrimp.
- Refrigerate any leftovers and reheat in the oven for maximum crispiness.