Grilled Sausage Recipe (with Vegetables)
An easy recipe for mild Italian sausages grilled with peppers, onions and mushrooms with garlic, served in a hoagie roll.
- 5 Johnsonville mild Italian sausages
- 2 bell peppers cut into strands
- 1 small sweet onion cut into strands
- 6 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp mayo optional
Preheat grill to medium heat and line with foil.
Butterfly the sausages and add to foil.
Spread out the vegetables around the sausages.
Add garlic, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Toss to combine.
Grill 6-8 minutes or until sausages are cooked through, flipping sausages as needed and mixing vegetables.
Once cooked, add the hoagies to the grill and cook until crispy (don't burn).
Spread mayo over the hoagies (optional), add the sausages and grilled veggies.
- Cut vegetables into thick strands or they will cook quicker than the sausages.
- Use spicy mayo for heat in the sandwiches.