The classic casserole loaded with shredded cooked chicken in a delicious sauce with poppy seed, topped with crunchy parmesan buttery crackers.
This classic poppy seed chicken casserole recipe is da BOMB and uses ingredients you most likely already have in your pantry.
– Chicken Breast – Butter – Garlic – Flour – Milk – Chicken Broth – Cream Cheese – Shredded Cheese
1. In a saucepan, add chicken breast and enough water to completely cover the chicken, lightly season with salt.
2. Remove chicken from water and shred chicken with two forks. 3. In a saucepan, saute together 4 tbsp butter and garlic, until garlic is fragrant.
4. Quickly whisk in flour. 5. Add in milk, broth, cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, poppy seeds, paprika, salt, and pepper.
6. Cook on medium heat. 7. Spread the shredded cooked chicken on the bottom of a casserole dish. 8. Pour the creamy mixture over the chicken.
9. Top with parmesan cheese and crushed crackers. 10. Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes, or until sauce bubbles and the crackers are golden and crispy.