Easy homemade Creamy Potato Soup with chicken, bacon and spinach in a rich broth. This soup is loaded with so many flavors and ready in just 30 minutes, great comfort food.
This easy creamy potato soup loaded with chicken, bacon, carrots and spinach in a rich broth is truly amazing.
– Onion – Carrot – Chicken Thighs – Red Potatoes – Chicken Broth – Water – Whipping Cream – Bacon
1. Remove any excess fat from thighs and cut into small bite-size pieces. Cube the bacon. 2. Wash and cut the potatoes into small pieces.
3. In a Dutch oven, saute the bacon until crispy. Remove and reserve about 2 Tbsp grease. 4. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to Dutch oven. Cook the chicken until fully cooked.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, add the chopped onions. 6. Add the carrots to the Dutch oven once the onions are cooked and saute for an additional 4-5 minutes.
7. Drain the water from the potatoes and add into the Dutch oven. Add in the water, chicken broth, salt, pepper and paprika. Bring to a low boil.
8. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are fully cooked. 9. Chop the spinach, add to the soup.
10. Add the heavy whipping cream and bacon. Bring to a soft boil and turn off the heat.