This Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is one the whole family will love. There’s nothing better than a bowl of soup on a cold day! Chicken with noodles, carrots and celery in the most delicious broth.
chicken noodle soup-
When you think of chicken noodle soup, you automatically associate it with being sick, right? There really is something healing and soothing about a big bowl of homemade soup, especially if the prep time is so minimal and it’s cooked in the crockpot.
Fresh chicken cooked in broth loaded with carrots, onion, celery and egg noodles. It doesn’t get any easier than this recipe.
This slow cooker version of chicken noodle soup is so easy to make. All you have to do is just cut the veggies and you have yourself an easy dinner. Because there’s no sauteeing in this recipe, it’s a much healthier recipe.
- PREPARE VEGETABLES: Finely chop the onions, slice or cube the celery and carrots.
how to make chicken noodle soup in a crockpot-
You can add or remove vegetables and make this soup your own. I usually add the celery whole because our kids don’t like it and just discard of it when I discard the bay leaves.
- Add the chicken breasts to a crockpot. Top with the chopped celery, onion, bay leaves and carrots.
- In a bowl, add the remaining ingredients (minus noodles) and combine. Add the broth, water, minced garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour into the slow cooker.
- Stir gently to combine. Cover the lid on the slow cooker and cook 6-8 hours on LOW, or 3-4 hours on HIGH.
- Remove the chicken breast and shred with two forks, and discard of the bay leaves.
- Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and add the noodles, stir. Add additional seasonings if desired.
- Cook another 30-40 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, cilantro or parsley will both work great.
- Enjoy, friends! 🙂
what kind of seasonings do I use for chicken noodle soup?
In traditional soup salt and pepper is a must of course as is thyme and rosemary. However, I just cannot bring our kids to enjoy those. We just substitute for Vegeta in soups, I’d use about 2 tsp and less salt, you can, however, add to personal taste.
what kind of noodles go into soup?
For this slow cooker recipe, we used large egg noodles.
This easy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is going to become a favorite! Don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments below. We so enjoy hearing from you. 🙂
Try these other soup recipes:
- Sorrel Soup– Classic Ukrainian soup.
- Bone Broth Recipe– has so many amazing health benefits.
- Beef Cabbage Soup– for the cabbage lovers!
Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Add chicken breasts to a crockpot.
- Finely slice celery, sliced carrots and cut in halves, finely chop the onion. Add the carrots, celery, onions and bay leaves over top of the chicken.
- In a bowl, combine water, chicken broth, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 on high.
- Remove bay leaves. Take out the chicken breast and shred with forks shred chicken.
- Add shredded chicken and egg noodles, cook for an additional 30 minutes.