The BEST homemade Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe. Juicy chicken, noodles, and vegetables in a hearty chicken broth, cooked in a slow cooker. The perfect bowl of soup for the cooler weather.
CROCKPOT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP-
We love this hearty homemade chicken noodle soup, it’s packed with so much flavor and is so easy to make! All you need to do is just throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker and it does all the work for you!
This soup is easy to make and the whole family will love this recipe. We especially enjoy the soup during the cooler weather or when someone isn’t feeling good.
With just a couple of ingredients, you can have this easy slow cooker chicken noodle soup ready to cook!
- Chicken– For this recipe, we used boneless skinless chicken breast but you can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Celery– The celery stalks may be sliced or cubed. You can also just keep the celery whole and discard once cooked.
- Carrots– The carrots can be sliced or finely chopped.
- Onions– Finely chopped onions bring extra flavors to the soup. However, if you don’t like the texture of onion, just keep it whole so you can discard the onion once cooked.
- Chicken broth– Classic chicken broth or low sodium chicken broth with work.
- Water– We like to dilute the soup with some water.
- Dried herbs– The key to making a flavor-packed soup is the dried herbs that you use! We like to use dried rosemary, bay leaves, and dried thyme but you can also use dried oregano, basil, and sage.
- Seasoning– We also add the classic salt and black pepper to taste. For extra falvor you can also use garlic.
- Pasta– For this recipe, we use wide egg noodles.
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP-
- Add chicken and veggies– Add the chicken breasts, celery, onion, bay leaves and carrots into the crock pot.
- Add liquids + season– In a bowl, whisk together the broth with water and seasonings.
- Cook– Cook soup 6-8 hours on LOW, or 3-4 hours on HIGH.
- Shred chicken– Remove the chicken breast and shred with two forks. Discard the bay leaves.
- Add noodles– Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and add the noodles, stir. Cook for another 30-40 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Serve– Garnish with fresh herbs, and serve (cilantro or parsley will both work great).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes! If you have chicken stock on hand you can use that instead of chicken broth.
Yes, use whatever pasta you have on hand. Angel hair pasta, spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccine pasta may be used. Cooking time will slightly vary depending on the thickness of the pasta.
Yes! If you do not like the distinct flavors from the dried herbs you can substitute the herbs for your favorite seasonings. We especially love Vegeta in soups.
We do not recommend using frozen chicken.
How to Store-
- Store– Once the chicken noodle soup is cooled, add into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freeze– Once the soup is cooled, add to a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 2-3 months. When ready to enjoy, thaw overnight and reheat to enjoy.
- Reheat– Add to a saucepan and cook on the stove top over medium-low heat until warmed.
MORE SOUP RECIPES-
Whenever you think of comfort food, a bowl of soup comes to mind. Here are some of our favorite Soup Recipes:
- Easy Potato Soup Recipe
- Pasta Fagioli Recipe
- Creamy Tomato Basil
- Zuppa Toscana
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Split Pea Soup
Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless (2 chicken breasts)
- 3 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 2 large carrots, sliced and halved
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Add chicken breasts to a crockpot.
- Finely slice celery, sliced carrots and cut in halves, finely chop the onion. Add the carrots, celery, onions and bay leaves over top of the chicken.
- In a bowl, combine water, chicken broth, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 on high.
- Remove bay leaves. Take out the chicken breast and shred with forks shred chicken.
- Add shredded chicken and egg noodles, cook for an additional 30 minutes.