An EASY recipe for Broccoli Cheddar Soup. The creamy bowl of hearty soup is packed with broccoli florets, carrots, celery, and loaded of cheese!
The soup is completely ready in just 30 minutes and is a one-pot meal, SO GOOD!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Some recipes are just pure comfort food, especially soups. From the loaded Potato Soup to the creamy Chicken and Potato and the 30-minute Borscht, you just can’t go wrong with a bowl of homemade soup.
broccoli cheddar soup-
This loaded broccoli cheddar soup comes together so quickly. I love that that soup is completely prepared using a one pot (less dishes)! Broccoli florets with carrots, onion and celery in a rich creamy broth loaded with cheese.
This soup is totally a winner and is best served with a side of homemade breadsticks!
|This homemade soup is SO MUCH better than Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup and you are missing all the extra preservatives they have in theirs.|
How to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup-
This soup comes together so quickly and can be prepared in advance, if desired.
- PREPARE VEGETABLES- Finely chop the onions, cut the carrots, cube the celery and cut broccoli into small florets.
- SAUTE VEGETABLES– In a Dutch oven, saute chopped onions with butter until tender. Add the celery and carrots and cook until vegetables are tender. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- BROCCOLI– Pour in the chicken broth with the broccoli florets. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender and desired doneness. TIP- If you prefer the broccoli florets firm, cut them into large florets and smaller pieces if you don’t want chunky pieces.
- CREAM- Turn heat down to low/medium. Whisk together the cream and flour, stir into the soup. Add the shredded cheese and cook, continuously stirring until the cheese melts and is incorporated.
- ENJOY, friends.
|Chef’s note: Broccoli and cheese soup may be stored in a container for up to 3 days.|
Enjoy the homemade cheddar soup with broccoli croutons, extra cheese or crackers. When reheating the soup, do so over low heat so the bottom of the pot doesn’t get scorched.
other easy SOUP Recipes:
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup– With surprising ingredients.
- Simple Russian Soup– So simple and delicious.
- Beef Cabbage Soup– If you are a lover of cabbage, you’ll love this soup.
- Taco Soup Recipe– For the taco lovers!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strands
- 1 celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups raw broccoli florets, 1 head
- 32 oz chicken broth, 4 cups
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, or more to taste
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground pepper, or to taste
- Finely chop the onions and celery. Cut the carrots into small strands. Cut broccoli into small florets.
- In a Dutch oven, saute 4 Tbsp butter and onions until the onions are tender. Add the celery and carrots into the pot and cook until vegetables are cooked.
- Add minced garlic and saute until garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in the water, add the broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Cook until cheese completely melts, stirring frequently.
- Enjoy, friends!