A wonderful recipe for a hearty bowl of Broccoli Cheddar Soup. This soup is not our traditional Broccoli Soup. It has chicken and pasta and loaded with cheese. A perfect bowl of soup for a cold winter day.
How to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup-
- Saute the onions, carrots, celery and chicken. Add to a pot with water and chicken broth and bring to a soft boil.
- Cook broccoli and pasta.
- Add the broccoli, pasta and cheese to the pot.
- Cook until cheese melts. Season soup.
Can I substitute the Cheese?
Yes, you can substitute Velveeta Cheese for a Sharp or Mild Cheddar or a combination of both. If substituting cheese, add 8-12 oz of cheese.
Velveeta cheese can be very “cheesy” so the amount you add is totally up to you. Start with 16 oz of cheese, continue adding cheese to taste. We add about 20 oz.)
Can I leave out the pasta?
Yes, the pasta is optional and will not affect the outcome of the soup. Either omit the pasta completely or add less pasta.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe for this Cheddar Broccoli Soup. Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you make this recipe, #ValentinasCorner. 🙂
Try these other SOUP Recipes:
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup– With surprising ingredients.
- Simple Russian Soup– So simple and delicious.
- Beef Cabbage Soup– If you are a lover of cabbage, you’ll love this soup.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1 chicken breast
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, sliced
- 4 oz angel hair pasta
- 3 cups raw broccoli florets (small)
- 16-20 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
- salt & pepper to taste
- Finely chop onion. In a skillet, saute onion and 4 Tbsp butter on medium/high heat.
- Julienne carrot and add to the skillet.
- Finely chop celery and add to skillet.
- Cut chicken breast into small bite-sized pieces, add to skillet. Cook on medium heat for about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine chicken broth and water in a pot over medium/high heat.
- Add the ingredients from the skillet into the pot.
- In a separate pot bring 6 cups water to a boil. Break the pasta into small pieces and add to boiling water. Cut the raw broccoli into small florets, add to pasta. Cook until pasta is fully cooked.
- Drain the water. Add the broccoli and pasta to the pot with remaining ingredients.
- Cube your Velveeta cheese. Add to the pot. Season with Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Let the soup simmer 5 minutes, mix frequently.
- Bon Appetit.