The best homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe you will try. The cookies are so chewy inside and just melt in your mouth. The sugar and chocolate chip morsels are minimal and the cookie isn’t overly sweet but is still amazing! This recipe turns out perfect every time!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-
Chocolate Chip Cookies are a favorite in just about every household. Getting that perfect cookie dough recipe can be a challenge. Some are overly sweet, while others fail and don’t turn out right. This recipe will be a keeper! The cookie dough is just perfect. The outside of the cookie is a bit crispy while the middle is gooey and chewy and melt-in-your-mouth soft.
The SECRET and KEY to the BEST cookies is not to OVERBAKE them! If you overbake the cookies, they will be hard (unless that’s the kind of cookie you like).
How to make the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies-
- Cream together butter, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Beat in one egg at a time.
- In a small bowl, combine the sifted flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the flour to the creamed butter and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Don’t overbeat!
- With a spatula, fold in the chocolate chip morsels.
- Place cookie dough into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Shape cookies and bake.
TIP: The cookies will hold shape to whatever you make them. If a tall thick cookie is desired, shape cookie and lightly press down. If a thinner cookie is desired, shape cookie into a thinner cookie shape and flatten.
TIP: If you will be shaping 24 medium cookies out of this recipe, don’t bake more than 8-9 minutes! For a large cookie, add a minute at a time, just until tops of cookies begin to brown. Keep a close eye on the cookies. Each oven is different.
Can I Freeze Chocolate Chip Cookies?
This chocolate chip cookie recipe freezes perfectly. You can freeze just the batter before the cookies are baked, the cookies may also be frozen once baked.
How to Freeze Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough-
- To freeze unbaked cookie dough, prepare recipe per instructions, layout the cookies on a baking sheet or cutting board and freeze. Once the dough is frozen, transfer to a freezer freezer bag.
- To bake: Thaw cookie dough on a baking sheet and bake.
How to Freeze Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie-
- It’s always a good idea to have chocolate chip cookies in the freezer. Completely cool chocolate chip cookies.
- Transfer to a freezer plastic bag. Thaw cookies and bake for a minute or toast for a few seconds to warm cookies.
Once you give this recipe a try, you’ll agree – these are the best chocolate chip cookies.! Don’t forget to leave us feedback below if you try the recipe. We love to see you tag us on social media, #ValentinasCorner.
Try these other COOKIE recipes:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies- For the peanut butter lovers.
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies- With a secret ingredient.
- Truffle Cookie Kisses- A must for the holidays.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the flour to the butter mixture. On low speed, beat until well incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chip morsels.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Shape 24 medium cookies (or 16 large balls).
- Place cookies onto baking sheet. Bake for 8-9 minutes (11 minutes for the large cookies).