These Cake Mix Cookie Bars are the easiest dessert recipe and so delicious. Yellow cake mix spread and topped with a cream cheese layer, chocolate chip morsels and coconut shavings.
Cake Mix Cookie Bars Recipe-
This cake mix cookie bars recipe takes classic cookie bars to a whole new level! The soft base layer using a classic yellow cake mix spread with a cream cheese layer adding richness and chocolate with coconut to complete the recipe.
- Cake mix– Any classic yellow cake mix will work.
- Oil– Light olive oil or canola oil will work.
- Large Egg– You’ll just need one large egg.
- Cream Cheese– Room temp cream cheese. If it hasn’t softened, it will be hard to spread.
- Choc Chip Morsels– Your favorite chocolate chip morsels will work.
- Coconut Flakes– Sweetened coconut flakes is what you’ll need.
HOW TO MAKE CAKE MIX COOKIE BARS-
- Mix together the cake mix, oil, and egg.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Add 2/3 cup of chocolate chips into the cream cheese and fold with a spatula.
- Spread the cake batter evenly in the pan.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the batter as a second layer.
- Use the remaining chocolate chips and add on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Top with coconut flakes.
- Bake the bars or until the coconut flakes become golden.
Frequently Asked Questions-
Yes, you can just leave the coconut out completely.
No, you don’t. You can just use the cake mix part, bake and cut into bars and serve.
They are best if served warm, but may be served completely cooled. Enjoy with a cup of cold milk or hot tea.
MORE EASY DESSERT RECIPES-
- Cream Cheese Danish
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Tiramisu Cake Recipe
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Cake Mix Cookie Bars Recipe
- 1 box classic yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temp (1½ packs)
- 1 cup chocolate chip morsels, divided
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 355°F.
- Combine cake mix with oil and egg in a bowl. Spread mixture evenly in baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy. Add 2/3 cup chocolate chip morsels and mix with a spatula. Spread over the cake mixture. Take the remaining 1/3 cup morsels and add to the top of the cream cheese layer. Then add the coconut flakes.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the coconut flakes become golden in color.
- These can be enjoyed warm or cooled. Enjoy friends.