The ultimate recipe for Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies! Soft and chewy peanut butter cookie dough with chocolate chip morsels, baked to perfection.
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES-
This simple cookie recipe results in a soft, chewy homemade cookie packed with flavor from the peanut butter and chocolate chips! The batter is so easy to work with and the entire family will love this batch of homemade cookies.
The recipe uses simple ingredients you most likely already have in your kitchen.
- Dry ingredients– You want to use the classic dry ingredients; all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder. Be sure to measure, then sift your flour!
- Sugar– The key to the best cookies is a mix of granulated sugar and brown sugar. The brown sugar will give you that softer and chewier cookie.
- Butter– This recipe calls for room temperature unsalted butter.
- Eggs– Use large eggs for this recipe.
- Vanilla– Vanilla extract for extra flavor!
- Peanut butter– This recipe works best with traditional creamy peanut butter.
- Chocolate chips– You can use any chocolate chips you have on hand!
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES-
- Prep– Preheat the oven and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dry ingredients– In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Wet ingredients– Cream together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter. Add in one egg at a time, beating after each egg. Then, add the vanilla and peanut butter and mix until creamy and combined.
- Batter– Add the flour mixture to the wet batter and mix until combined. Fold in the milk chocolate chips into the peanut butter mixture.
- Shape– Using a cookie scooper, scoop and shape out 24 cookie dough balls and add them to the baking sheet. Pat down the shaped balls for a flatter cookie.
- Bake– Bake for about 12-14 minutes, or until slightly golden. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
WHEN ARE MY COOKIES DONE?
The key to a perfect batch of cookies is that you DO NOT overbake the cookies. We like to bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, slightly under the bake time so that the cookies are soft, chewy, and perfect!
Don’t be alarmed when the cookies look uncooked when removing them from the oven, as soon as the cookies turn golden that is your time to remove them. They will finish baking as they rest.
We love that the Peanut Butter Cookies can freeze so well! You can freeze the dough before it is baked or the cookies once baked:
- Cookie dough– Just make the batter, shape and then add onto the tray and freeze. Once the cookie balls are frozen transfer into a freezer bag. The batter can be in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
- Baked cookies– Freeze the cookies after you bake them! Allow the baked cookies to completely cool and then transfer to a freezer bag or container and freeze. They can stay frozen for up to 2 months.
- Baking frozen dough– Remove the amount of cookies you want and allow the cookie dough to thaw in the fridge for several hours or over night. Continue with the baking instructions.
- Reheating baked cookies– Thaw the cookies at room temp and then reheat in the oven, microwave, or toaster until warm and enjoy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes! Prepare the cookie dough and you can refrigerate it for up to 3 days. If you are chilling for longer than 2 hours you want to allow the dough to sit at room temp for about 10 minutes before shaping.
Store the chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. If you want to keep the softness of the cookie, add a slice of white bread into the container, the bread will keep the cookies from drying out.
Any chocolate you have on hand will work: chocolate chunks, semi-sweet morsels, milk chocolate morsels, mini morsels, and bittersweet morsels. TIP: If you enjoy lots of chocolate chips in your cookies, add more than the specified amount.
We recommend you use traditional creamy peanut butter. Natural peanut butter has a higher fat content and more oil and it will not work in this recipe.
No, you do not want to eat this cookie dough raw.
You added too much flour or you overbaked the cookies.
OTHER DELICIOUS DESSERTS-
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time beating after each egg. Add the vanilla and peanut butter, beat until well incorporated.
- Then, add half of the flour mixture and beat. Add the second part and mix again.
- With a spatula, fold in the chocolate chip morsels.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheet, making about 24 large cookies. Bake 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are golden.