Easy recipe for homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Peanut butter with chocolate chip morsels is the perfect combination for a classic cookie. These soft cookies with a chewy center bring you satisfaction in every bite.
The perfect cookie recipe to freeze and bake on a whim later when dessert cravings kick in.
If you are looking for a soft and chewy cookie that doesn’t have an overpowering taste of peanut butter, look no further. This recipe has the perfect amount of peanut butter that leaves your taste buds satisfied but isn’t overpowering in flavor or too sweet. The absolute perfect cookie to enjoy with a cup of cold milk any time of year.
All the ingredients for this recipe are most likely already in your pantry which is a bonus. No need to run out to the store for that one ingredient, cause ain’t nobody got time for that.
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Making these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies could not get any easier. Combine the ingredients to form a soft batter. Add the chocolate chip morsels and scoop heaping tablespoons onto a baking sheet. The cookies are ready to go into the oven in like 10-minutes. WINNER!
Finally, sit by the oven door and watch the cookies come to life. This step, of course, is optional, but truly satisfying. Ha! I’m not weird at all and would never do that.
- TIP: Don’t overbake the cookies or else they will taste dry. When baking, remove the cookies from the oven when the tops begin to brown and center feels slightly undercooked. Set aside to cool completely and the centers will feel just right.
- TIP: Add few morsels to the tops of the cookies, the morsels don’t sink in and are quite appealing and rather yummy.
Can I freeze peanut butter cookies?
This recipe is the perfect recipe to freeze. Place the shaped (uncooked) cookies into the freezer on a baking sheet or cutting board (lined with parchment paper) until the cookies completely freeze. Then, transfer to a freezer bag. To bake, add cookies to a baking sheet, thaw, bake per original instructions.
Can I use natural peanut butter?
This recipe works best with traditional creamy peanut butter. Natural peanut butter has a higher fat content and more oil and it will not work in this recipe.
What kind of chocolate chip morsels can I use?
You can use either milk chocolate or dark chocolate morsel for the peanut butter cookies. If you really like the taste of peanut butter, mix in some peanut butter morsels with milk chocolate.
TIP: If you enjoy lots of chocolate chips in your cookies, add more than the specified amount.
Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you make this peanut butter cookie recipe. We love seeing your creations. #ValentinasCorner
OTHER COOKIES TO TRY:
- Oatmeal Coconut Raisin Cookies– Oatmeal cookies with a hint of coconut!
- Chocolate Chip Cake Bars– Cake bars with chocolate chips and cream cheese.
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Cake Bars– Chocolate chips and coconut flakes, yes.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time mixing after each egg. Add the vanilla and peanut butter. Beat until well incorporated.
- Then, add half of the flour mixture, mix. Add the second part and mix again.
- With a spatula, fold in the chocolate chip morsels.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheet, making about 24 large cookies. Bake 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are golden.