These delicious chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes are truly heavenly! Moist and soft chocolate cupcakes topped with a creamy and smooth peanut butter frosting, so GOOD.
PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKES-
We love these amazing chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes no matter the occasion! The tender and moist Chocolate Cupcakes with the creamy Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting – an amazing combination of flavors.
- Chocolate Cupcakes– For the chocolate cupcakes we use our homemade moist chocolate cupcakes. You can also use chocolate cake mix for the cupcake batter.
- Peanut Butter Frosting– We use our homemade creamy and fluffy homemade peanut butter buttercream frosting for this recipe!
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKES-
With just a few simple steps, you can have these delicious and easy chocolate peanut butter cupcakes!
- Make cupcakes– Prepare the batter for the moist chocolate cupcakes.
- Bake– Divide the batter among 18 cupcake liners and bake until cooked through.
- Cool Cupcakes– Allow the cupcakes to completely cool on a cooling rack.
- Peanut Butter Frosting– Cream together the ingredients for the peanut butter frosting and transfer into a piping bag.
- Pipe Cupcakes– Once the cupcakes are fully cool, pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes, and decorate as desired.
- Serve and Enjoy!
The decorating possibilities are endless for this recipe! Whether you want to keep it simple with just a simple frosting with a basic piping top or you can change things up and use a decorative tip for a prettier frosting pipe.
Here are some of our favorite topping ideas:
- Chocolate Ganache
- Reese’s peanut butter cup candy
- Caramel Sauce
- Chopped Walnuts
- Mini Reeses Cups
- Dulce de Leche
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Chocolate Chips
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
This recipe makes 18 delicious cupcakes!
Yes! You can make these cupcakes up to 1-2 days ahead of time! If frosted, store in the fridge for 1-2 days.
We do not recommend freezing the cupcakes after frosting and decorating. You can freeze the cupcakes unfrosted after they’ve cooled.
Once the cupcakes are cooled, store them in an airtight container or plastic bag in the fridge for 3-4 days.
We recommend refrigerating these cupcakes after frosting them! We love THESE cupcake containers for storing. They can last up to 2 days in the fridge.
MORE MUFFINS AND CUPCAKE RECIPES-
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
- Double Choc Banana Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Banana Choc Chip Muffins
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and eggs until combined. Add the milk, sour cream, vanilla extract and oil and combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients and gently mix until combined. With a cookie scooper or ¼ measuring cup, divide the batter between the 18 cupcake liners.
- Bake the cupcakes at 350°F for about 16-18 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a cooling rack.
chocolate peanut butter frosting-
- In an electric stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and butter with the paddle attachment on medium speed.
- Once the mixture is creamy and slightly fluffy, add in the peanut butter, vanilla extract and powdered sugar and beat the mixture until combined.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream and beat on high spead until frosting becomes light and fluffy.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag with desired tip and refrigerate until ready to assemble cupcakes.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, pipe the peanut butter frosting on top. Repeat with all the cupcakes and frosting.
- Decorate the cupcakes as desired and enjoy.