Easy Homemade Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. Soft and fluffy banana bread muffins with chocolate chip. The muffins are so airy and just melt in your mouth!
Just like banana bread, the muffins are so quick to prepare and the perfect treat when you are craving something sweet!
banana chocolate chip muffins-
Okay, these muffins are the BEST solution to overripe bananas! Though we absolutely love the bread loaf with chocolate chips, the muffins are just such a treat as they bake much quicker and kids LOVE them!
how to make banana choc chip muffins-
You need about 5 minutes of prep time to get the muffins in the oven to bake – SO EASY!
- Combine the Dry Ingredients- In a bowl, combine the flour cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
- Combine the Wet Ingredients- In a large bowl, on medium speed, beat together the sugar and eggs until creamy (about 2 min). Mash the bananas and add to the egg mixture along with the sour cream, oil and vanilla. Stir by hand to combine.
- Combine Everything– Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Chocolate Chips– Fold in the choc chip morsels (leave a few tablespoons of morsels to add to the top of the muffins).
- Batter to Muffins– Add batter to a muffin pan lined with muffin liners. You want to fill the muffins about 3/4 of the way. Top the muffin batter with remaining morsels.
- Bake Muffins– Bake the muffins until a toothpick comes out clean if inserted in the center of the muffin. TIP- All ovens are different, keep an eye on the muffins, you don’t want them to OVERBAKE!
how to store and freeze banana muffins?
The muffins are SOO amazing and I’m pretty sure you won’t have any leftovers. If you do (or if you want to make them ahead of time), here are the tips for storing the muffins:
- TO STORE– The muffins will stay fresh in an airtight container for two days. If refrigerated, they will stay up to 5 days.
- TO FREEZE– Place cooled muffins in a Ziploc bag and freeze up to two months. Thaw to enjoy, reheat if you enjoy warm.
can I substitute the chocolate chips?
Though the chocolate chips really complete the muffins, you can use dried fruit like cranberries or raising, walnut or pecans also work great! You can even add the nuts to the chocolate chips, if you’d like.
Don’t throw away those bananas, there are so many wonderful ways to use it in sweet breads. Here are some other options!
SWEET BANANA BREAD RECIPES-
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Bread
- Banana Nut Bread
- Banana Zucchini Bread
These are a HUGE hit with the kids. Muffins are by far our favorite treat to make together with the kids. They prefer them over cookies (don’t ask why), no idea! (P.S. Since there are bananas in the recipe and they are a fruit, does this make the muffins healthy??.. Wink, wink.)
I hope your family will love the Muffin Recipe as much as we do.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- Preheat oven to 355°F and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder, set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed, beat sugar and eggs until creamy (about 2 minutes).
- With a fork, mash the bananas. Add bananas, sour cream, oil and vanilla to egg mixture. Mix by hand until combined.
- Add flour mixture and gently mix with a spatula to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chip morsels.
- Divide the batter among the muffin liners.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 355°F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy, friends!