An easy recipe for Banana Cake! Moist and soft banana bread topped with a rich cream cheese frosting.
This is the BEST recipe for a quick banana cake. The softest banana cake loaded with bananas with a cream cheese frosting.
This will before your favorite coffee cake to enjoy for breakfast with a cup of hot tea or coffee!
How to Make Banana Bread-
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Beat eggs and sugars until fluffy.
- Add the oil, sour cream, mashed bananas, and vanilla.
- Add in the flour mixture and combine.
- Bake until cake is cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean if inserted into the center of the cake.
- Cool cake completely before frosting.
Banana Cake Frosting-
This frosting is so delicious. It’s not overly sweet but is the perfect balance of richness and creaminess.
- In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese, vanilla, butter, and powdered sugar.
- Spread generously over banana cake.
Can I make this banana cake muffins instead?
Yes! This recipe is great for muffins!
- Add the batter to the lined muffin pan and bake at 355F for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick goes through the muffins and comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins and cool on a rack.
- Top with the icing and toppings and enjoy!
Can I freeze the banana cake?
Yes, you may freeze the cake without the frosting. Wrap the cake tightly and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and add frosting before serving.
Banana Cake Toppings-
If you like nuts, walnut or pecans may be added to the batter or over top of the frosting.
You can also add sweetened toasted coconut flakes for added flavor.
If you are craving something sweet yet don’t have the time to bake, this is the cake recipe for you.
Other EASY cake recipes:
- Blueberry Coffee Cake– bursting with fresh blueberries.
- Almond Raspberry Cake– the ultimate raspberry coffee cake.
- Easy Tiramisu Cake– for the coffee lovers.
- Carrot Cake– a hearty carrot cake recipe.
Easy Banana Cake Recipe
- In a bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar, and eggs. Then add the oil, vanilla, sour cream, and mashed bananas. Add in the sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and mix until well combined.
- Pour the banana cake batter to the baking pan and bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes or until golden and fully cooked.
- Once cooked, remove from baking pan and add to a cooling rack and cool compleetly.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting on top of the cake and top with chopped walnuts.