This moist and soft banana cake topped with a cream cheese layer and walnuts is the perfect balance of cake and bread and a great recipe when you want dessert. Not only is it so easy to make, but it also tastes absolutely phenomenal.
Banana cake video-
Watch Valentina make the easy Banana Cake Recipe. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel to be notified of future videos.
Why You’ll LOVE this Recipe-
- Comes together so quickly.
- Uses staple ingredients.
- Great recipe for overripe bananas.
- The taste is between a soft cake and banana bread.
Recipe for the BEST Banana Cake-
If you love the flavor of banana bread but are looking for something that’s more of a cake than bread then this banana cake with cream cheese frosting is for you. The soft, melt-in-your-mouth cake combined with the frosting is the perfect combination of flavor!
And best of all, the cake is so easy to whip up!
- Sugar- you’ll need granulated sugar, brown sugar, and confectioners’ sugar.
- Eggs- two large eggs.
- Oil- canola oil or extra light olive oil will work.
- Vanilla- classic vanilla extract will work fine.
- Cinnamon- ground cinnamon adds flavor.
- Baking soda and powder- will give the cake its texture and keep it from deflating.
- Bananas- you want to be sure to use ripe bananas as they are best for baking.
- Flour- you can use your favorite all-purpose flour for the cake.
- Salt- the salt enhances the other flavors.
- Cream cheese- your favorite cream cheese will work, be sure it’s at room temperature.
- Butter- unsalted butter is what you’ll need.
- Walnuts- you want to use chopped walnuts or pecans for the topping.
How to Make Banana Cake Recipe-
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9”x13” cake pan with parchment paper. You can whisk this cake using a fork and don’t need a stand mixer.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients, the flour, and baking powder and set aside.
- Now for the wet ingredients. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the oil, sour cream, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract; stir until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter onto the prepared baking sheet and bake until the cake is cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean if inserted into the center of the cake.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack before frosting.
- Serve and enjoy!
All oven’s are different as are baking pans, keep an eye on the cake during the last ten minutes of baking.
Banana Cake Frosting-
The cream cheese frosting on the banana cake is absolutely delicious. Though it’s so easy to make, the frosting adds so much flavor to the banana cake.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla, butter, and powdered sugar.
- Keep the frosting refrigerated until you are ready to frost the cake.
- Once the cake is cooked, add the frosting, and spread evenly.
- Top frosting with the chopped walnuts.
The cake may be at room temperature for two hours, then refrigerated in an airtight container.
Can I freeze the banana cake?
Yes, you may freeze the cake once it is baked and before you frost it.
Wrap the cake tightly with plastic wrap or add it to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw in refrigerator overnight and add frosting before serving.
Other Banana Bread Recipes:
Easy Banana Cake Recipe
cream cheese frosting-
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, for topping
- In a bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar, and eggs. Then add the oil, vanilla, sour cream, and mashed bananas. Add in the sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and mix until well combined.
- Pour the banana cake batter to the baking pan and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until golden and when toothpick is inserted to center comes out clean.
- Once cooked, remove from baking pan and add to a cooling rack and cool compleetly.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting on top of the cake and top with chopped walnuts.
- Serve and enjoy!