This recipe for Banana Carrot Bread is so easy to make. The combination of the bananas, carrots and walnuts results in a moist and soft bread loaf loaded with so much flavor.
If you love banana bread and carrot cake, this recipe is a combination of both worlds – SO GOOD!
We love banana bread in our home and there is nothing better than adding different flavors to the bread loaf. The use of staple kitchen ingredients like the shredded carrots added to a classic banana bread makes for perfect sweet bread.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA CARROT BREAD-
You are going to LOVE how simple it is to make this moist banana bread recipe.
- Prepare bread pan: Line a 9”x5” bread pan with parchment or butter on all sides.
- Wet ingredients: Combine the sugar and eggs. Add in the mashed bananas, oil, vanilla, and shredded carrots and mix.
- Dry ingredients: Measure the all purpose flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Sift the dry ingredients through a sieve into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Chop walnuts: Add in the chopped walnuts. and add bread batter to the bread pan.
- Bake bread: Bake the loaf until fully cooked.
- Bread: Cool the bread loaf and serve.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE WALNUTS?
We love the texture the added walnuts gives the bread but you can also use pecans or just completely omit the nuts in the bread.
CAN I FREEZE CARROT BREAD?
This carrot bread freezes GREAT! Once the baked bread is completely cooled just wrap in plastic wrap and then foil and freeze the loaf. The bread can be frozen for about 2-3 months. Quick tip: You can also freeze the carrot bread in slices and just take out a couple slices at a time.
Reheat: Just thaw the bread and then reheat in the oven or microwave until warm.
Other Sweet Bread-
- Lemon Loaf– Delicious bread cake loaded with lemon flavors!
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread– Moist banana bread loaded with chocolate.
- Banana Pecan Bread– Sweet and soft banana bread with pecans and a sweet glaze!
- Cranberry Orange Bread– A classic bread loaf around the holidays.
- Apple Bread– Tender and moist cake made with apple chunks!
- Blueberry Lemon Loaf– An amazing cake loaf with blueberries and a sweet glaze.
- Raspberry Chocolate Banana Bread– Bread made with white chocolate and raspberry.
- Banana Zucchini Bread– A classic banana bread loaded with zucchini.
Banana Carrot Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, measured then sifted
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 355°F and line a 9×5 bread pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and eggs. Add in the mashed bananas, shredded carrots, sour cream, oil, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon intoa separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bread batter and mix untilwell combined. Mix in the chopped walnuts and combine.
- Pour the carrot banana bread batter into the prepared bread pan and top with additional chopped nuts.
- Bake the banana bread at 355°F for 30 minutes. Turn the heat down to 325°F and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove the bread from the oven and slightly cool then remove it from the bread pan.
- Cool the bread loaf on a cooling rack then serve.