You cannot beat this homemade lemon loaf bread with the most delicious glaze. Moist and rich lemon loaf with a lemon cream cheese glaze – sweet and tangy and SO GOOD!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Though we love classic bread like our White Bread and easy Breadsticks, sweet bread is just another level of amazing. From the Chocolate Chip Banana Bread to the Sweet Twisted Bread, we love baking homemade bread!
The BEST Lemon Loaf-
This lemon loaf recipe is so quick to make and packed with so much flavor! If you like lemons, you will LOVE this recipe. You cannot beat this homemade lemon loaf bread with the most delicious cream cheese glaze. The fresh lemon zest and juice give the loaf a tangy and citrus flavor and combined with the lemon frosting, a perfect combination.
This is the perfect bread loaf for breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee.
How to Make Lemon Bread Loaf-
- Prepare pan- Line a 9”x5” bread pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray (it’s easier to take the loaf out if you just lift it up with the lined paper).
- Dry ingredients- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Wet ingredients- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, sour cream, oil, butter, lemon zest, and juice until the mixture is fluffy.
- Combine ingredients- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat just to combine.
- Bake loaf- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf. TIP: All ovens are different and baking time may be slightly higher or lower.
- Glaze– While the bread is cooling on a rack, prepare the glaze. Beat the cream cheese with powdered sugar and lemon juice. Once bread loaf has cooled, spread the glaze over the bread loaf.
FAQ’s about LEMON BREAD LOAF-
- Is the loaf really sweet? This bread recipe isn’t overly sweet, we like to keep down on the sugar. If you like a lot of sugar in your sweet bread, you can add a few more tablespoons to the batter.
- How do I store the bread loaf? If you aren’t able to eat the bread the first day after baking, I’d recommend tightly covering the loaf and refrigerating it since there’s a cream cheese glaze.
- How to keep the bread from being dense? You don’t want to overbeat the mixture once you combine the dry and wet ingredients. Just mix until flour is well combined and you’re done. Overbeating the mixture will keep it from rising and being airy.
- Can I freeze the lemon loaf? YES! Just wrap the loaf or slices and place them in a ziploc bag.
We love this lemon bread loaf so much! Not only does it use staple kitchen ingredients, but it’s so easy and quick to make.
oTHER SWEET BREADs-
- Pumpkin Bread– perfect for fall baking.
- Banana Pecan Bread– with a delicious maple glaze.
- Lemon Blueberry Loaf– the perfect combination of lemon and blueberries.
- Cranberry Orange Bread– with fresh cranberries.
- Apple Bread Recipe– So easy to make all-year round.
Lemon Loaf Recipe with the BEST Lemon Glaze
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until incorporated.
- Pour the lemon bread batter into the bread pan. Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until bread is golden and toothpick runs through clean.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the cream cheese until smooth, add the powdered sugar and lemon juice and beat until creamy.
- When the lemon bread is cooked, remove from pan and allow it to completely cool a cooling rack.
- With a spatula, spread the lemon glaze over the loaf.
- Serve and enjoy!