Pumpkin Banana Bread is the perfect fall bread recipe with so much flavor! The pumpkin bread is so soft, moist, and loaded with chocolate chips. It’s the bread loaf that just screams fall baking!
BEST PUMPKIN BANANA BREAD-
This is the BEST recipe for pumpkin banana bread loaded with chocolate chips. The bread loaf is so easy to make and is packed with so much flavor. Combine the ingredients, add to a bread pan and bake. The aroma of fall baking fills the home – so good!
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN BANANA BREAD-
You’ll need a 9”x5” baking pan for this recipe.
- Prepare pan– Line baking pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven.
- Dry ingredients– In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Wet ingredients– In a large bowl, cream together the eggs and sugar. With a spatula, stir in the oil, mashed banana, and pumpkin puree. Stir just to combine, don’t overmix.
- Combine– Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and with a spatula.
- Choc chip morsels– Fold in the chocolate chip morsels (leaving some to add to the top of the bread loaf).
- Bake– Transfer batter to the baking pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean if inserted in the center of the bread. (NOTE: Baking time will vary depending on the loaf pan and your oven.)
If you enjoy warm bread with hot tea or coffee or a pumpkin spice latte, heat a few slices of the bread before serving.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes! You can add white chocolate chips, or leave out the chocolate chips and add in mixed nuts instead. Pecan or walnuts will both be fine.
For this recipe we use canned pumpkin puree, you do NOT want to use pumpkin pie filling.
You want to make sure your banana is ripe! If not you can bake it at 325 ° F for about 15 minutes to ripen it.
Yes! Just add the batter to muffin liners and bake at 355°F for about 18-20 minutes.
Make sure you use a 9×5 inch bread pan, anything smaller the bread batter might overflow!
- STORE– Store at room temperature for 1 day or refrigerate up to 5.
- FREEZE: this bread load freezes great! Once the loaf is cooled, just wrap it in plastic wrap and then in foil and freeze for up to 2-3 months.
OTHER PUMPKIN RECIPES-
- Pumpkin Roll Cake Recipe
- French Toast with Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Spice Cream Puffs
- Pumpkin Phyllo Turnovers
- Pancakes with Pumpkin
Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
- In a bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Add the oil, mashed banana, and pumpkin puree. Beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients; combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and the pumpkin pie spice.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the pumpkin puree mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Pour batter into the bread pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes.
- Make ahead: This bread can be made ahead and frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and serve at room temp.
- Reheat in the microwave if warm bread is desired.