Pumpkin Spice French Toast recipe. Thick slices of bread dredged in a phenomenal pumpkin spice egg and milk mixture, cooked and topped with a creamy pumpkin butter spread.
French toast is a dish made with bread soaked in an egg and milk mixture, then fried. Traditional french toast is loved by kids and a favorite for breakfast. I especially love this pumpkin version during the cooler weather and around pumpkin season. It takes the classic French toast and makes it “fancy” is fancy a thing? Is now. 🙂
TIPS How to Make French Toast-
- Be sure to use a white bread loaf or brioche bread that is sliced thick. If the slices are thin, the toast won’t taste as good.
- Bread that is at least one day old is best.
- To fry the French toast, use butter and oil. If you only use butter, it’s easy to burn the bread and have uncooked toast. Combining the two makes for the perfect French toast.
- If you will be using a pan, wipe the pan dry after each batch. A clean pan makes a HUGE difference.
- When dredging the bread in the eggs/milk mixture, don’t let the bread soak too long. It will become soggy! Dredge on both sides and remove.
How to make pumpkin butter topping-
This pumpkin spice butter topping is so addictive and the perfect finish to the French toast. To make the creamy pumpkin butter spread, just combine room temperature butter with confectioner’s sugar and pumpkin pie spice until creamy. You may want to double the recipe – it’s that good.
This pumpkin butter spread can also be made and refrigerated and spread on toast for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Easy Pumpkin Spice French Toast recipe-
French toast is the easiest breakfast to serve. It takes a few minutes to combine all of the ingredients and dredge the bread and once fried, breakfast is served. The pumpkin spice mixture is just as easy to make and tastes so good.
This is a wonderful recipe to cook with your kiddos if they like helping in the kitchen. Kids love dredging the bread. Yes, it might not look “as amazing” as yours but so fun. Memories made and that’s all that matters. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this Pumpkin Spice French Toast Recipe. It’s so easy to make and a winner in flavors.
Pumpkin Spice French Toast recipe with bread dredged in a pumpkin spice egg and milk mixture, cooked and topped with a pumpkin spice butter spread.
- 8 slices thick French bread
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp butter, for frying
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ stick butter, room temp (4 Tbsp)
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pancake or maple syrup, for serving
Prepare butter topping. In a bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add the confectioner's sugar, and pumpkin spice and beat again. Set aside for serving.
In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for egg/milk mixture. Transfer to a casserole dish (easier to dredge the bread).
Submerge the bread slices into the egg mixture, covering both sides. Place bread on a platter. Continue with remaining bread slices.
Add butter and oil to a large skillet for frying. Amounts will vary depending on the size of the pan.
Place about 2-3 bread slices in the skillet at a time.
On medium heat, cook about 2-3 minutes on per side, until bread is golden and crispy.
GETTING TO KNOW YOU: What’s your favorite way to enjoy French toast?