Start the day off right with these soft and fluffy lemon blueberry pancakes! Fluffy and moist pancake batter loaded with lemon juice and fresh berries. This is the ultimate homemade blueberry pancake recipe.
Check out our breakfast category for more delicious and easy recipes to start the day with!
Blueberry Pancakes Recipe-
Pancakes are a great way to start off the day and they are so easy to make, have these pancakes ready in under 30 minutes!
These fluffy pancakes are a spin on our basic pancake batter with added blueberries and lemons. It’s a great recipe when you want something a little extra, yet still so easy to make.
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY PANCAKES-
- Mix dry ingredients– Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, then set aside.
- Whisk wet ingredients– In a bowl, whisk together sugar, milk, lemon juice, egg, and cooled melted butter until well combined.
- Combine wet and dry– Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until combined, but still a little lumpy. You don’t want to overmix the batter.
- Add blueberries– With a spatula, gently fold in the blueberries.
- Cook pancakes– In a skillet, cook the pancakes until crispy and golden.
- Serve pancakes– Top the pancakes with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
|CHEF’S TIP– For faster cook time use two skillets to get all pancakes cooking at the same time. We also love using THIS griddle with the lid of a mason jar as molds.|
These pancakes are so much better when topped with toppings! Here are some of our favorite topping ideas:
- Fresh fruit
- Whipped cream
- Classic maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes, These are great with frozen berries too! You do not need to thaw them.
If you don’t want to use blueberries, you can substitute them for raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries!
Just prepare the batter and store in the fridge until ready to use, make the batter the night before and all you need to do is cook them in the morning!
Once the pancakes begin to bubble, you know they are ready to be flipped.
FREEZE- These blueberry pancakes are wonderful to freeze. Once the pancakes have cooled, transfer them to a freezer bag and freeze.
Reheat in the oven, microwave, or toaster oven until warmed.
Other recipes with blueberries-
- Lemon Blueberry Cake Loaf
- Blueberry Muffins
- Coffee Cake with Blueberries
- Blueberry Scones
- Vanilla Wafers Blueberry Dessert
Lemon Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour measured then sifted
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp canola oil divided for cooking
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter divided for cooking
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the sugar, milk, lmeon juice, eggs and melted buttter until combined. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined but still slightly lumpy.
- Add in the blueberries and lightly fold in with a spatula.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp butter and 1 tsp oil.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour batter into the skillet. Don’t overcrowd the pan (I cook the pancakes in two batches).
- Clean the skillet with a paper towel and repeat the cooking process.